Home General Discussion

Padron 1964 Vitolas

Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
I really enjoy the padron 1964 natural and am planning on a box purchase. Has anyone compared the different vitolas? Which ones are the best? I've only had the Exclusivo and I thought they were great.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Principe and Superior are my two favorite sizes of the 1964. The 'A' is awesome as well, but isn't a smoke for most days.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Yes, I'm thinking the "A" is a little out of my price range. Sounds like you prefer the smaller ring guages for the 1964. I was looking at the Superior wondering if it would be better than the Exclusivo.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Imperial for me end of story...
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Torpedo is great, but I don't think it's the best bang for your buck. I've tried various sizes and the Exclusivo is very good, but they only time I bought a box I went for the Monarca. I actually wanted the Exclusivo but the vendor was out of it, so I went with the Monarca and I'm amazed by how well they're smoking. You can always look for the Padron '64 Sampler - they have a few sizes in there.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    order a 1964 sample box which comes with couple different vitolas. You can be the judge of your own. As we all know that cigar preference is subjective.
    Roberto99:
    I really enjoy the padron 1964 natural and am planning on a box purchase. Has anyone compared the different vitolas? Which ones are the best? I've only had the Exclusivo and I thought they were great.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    Diamondog:
    Imperial for me end of story...
    +1, This is the only size I buy also
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Monarca, Superior, and Exclusivo, in that order...but I've never been known to turn down a Padron '64, regardless of size.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Thanks for all the input. I ordered a sample box so I can now decide for myself if the Imperial is worth $4 a stick more than the Exclusivo.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Smart move..enjoy the Padrons.
    Roberto99:
    Thanks for all the input. I ordered a sample box so I can now decide for myself if the Imperial is worth $4 a stick more than the Exclusivo.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Roberto99:
    Yeah that is a good way to do it. Have you had the 1926's? I do prefer them over the '64, though the family reserve's are really good.