Home General Discussion

cigars

Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
im out smoking a Pardon 1964 on my cruise this past week when i notice a guy trying to keep his cigar lit with some matches, and is not having very good luck with them. I motion for him to come over to my table, and i offer him the use of my toarch lighter. He uses it and sits down and we start to BS. He tells me he just got out of the Marines and did a tour in Iraq and Afganastan. He told me that he liked smoking cigars but has only tried four. we started talking abiut cigars, and he noticed my herf-a-dor, and asked me what i liked to smoke. Any of you guys who have read my posts here know i had to pull out the ole number one, which in my case happens to be the "My Father." i handed one to him and he looked it over and commented on the construction and he really liked the bands. He gave it back to me and told me thanks for letting him see it. I looked at the cigar and said, yea, these are really good, and this one im sure is no differerent, and this one is yours. He looked pretty shocked and asked it i was sure, and i said you bet, enjoy. We talked for a little longer then parted ways. I hope he enjoys them as much as i do.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Good act of kindness . I'm sure he will like it , those are awsome !
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I think that right there is exactly why we call it a brotherhood.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Direwolf:
    I think that right there is exactly why we call it a brotherhood.
    +1
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Well done. Very classy!
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Awesome, sharing the brotherhood around keep it going.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    This is what I love about cigar and the cigar culture. As a frequent traveler with stressful profession, I find cigar relax me and opened up a new world. I can sit with someone I know nothing about but connect with passion and unconditional friendship. I have met so many wonderful people from different background and became friends with. rail Jocky keep the unconditional friendship going. life is too short so we should try to squezze the best out of it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful experience with us.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    rzaman:
    This is what I love about cigar and the cigar culture. As a frequent traveler with stressful profession, I find cigar relax me and opened up a new world. I can sit with someone I know nothing about but connect with passion and unconditional friendship. I have met so many wonderful people from different background and became friends with. rail Jocky keep the unconditional friendship going. life is too short so we should try to squezze the best out of it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful experience with us.
    and yet another +1
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    whats a cigar between friends?
    i mean acquaintances.

i mean strangers.

i mean new friends.

... knew id get it sooner or later.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Right on, C"GARS bring us together. Photobucket
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Rail Jockey:
    im out smoking a Pardon 1964 on my cruise this past week when i notice a guy trying to keep his cigar lit with some matches, and is not having very good luck with them. I motion for him to come over to my table, and i offer him the use of my toarch lighter. He uses it and sits down and we start to BS. He tells me he just got out of the Marines and did a tour in Iraq and Afganastan. He told me that he liked smoking cigars but has only tried four. we started talking abiut cigars, and he noticed my herf-a-dor, and asked me what i liked to smoke. Any of you guys who have read my posts here know i had to pull out the ole number one, which in my case happens to be the "My Father." i handed one to him and he looked it over and commented on the construction and he really liked the bands. He gave it back to me and told me thanks for letting him see it. I looked at the cigar and said, yea, these are really good, and this one im sure is no differerent, and this one is yours. He looked pretty shocked and asked it i was sure, and i said you bet, enjoy. We talked for a little longer then parted ways. I hope he enjoys them as much as i do.
    That is really great of you RJ! Anytime I hear about a brother going out of his way for anyone, but a troop especially, it really makes me take a step back and just be grateful for the amazing community we have here. Thank you for treating him as well as you did.... it will come back to you, I promise.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    There is something about cigars, and the culture.... You can walk up to a total stranger and ask what they are smoking, and an hour later you know more about them than some of your neighbors you lived by for ten years.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Thats the way if the leaf, greatness! And bonus points for giving him an MF!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    There is something about cigars, and the culture.... You can walk up to a total stranger and ask what they are smoking, and an hour later you know more about them than some of your neighbors you lived by for ten years.

This is so very true , very true .