Home General Discussion

Best constructed cigar.

ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
I'm curious what you guys think of the best constructed cigar on the market? For me, it's the Oliva V double robusto. Every time I pick one of those things up, I'm simply amazed at how well put together it is. Perfectly parallel lines on the triple cap, totally invisible seems, perfectly smooth wrapper with no veins, absolutely flawless symmetry from top to bottom, and rock solid firm pack that still allows for a perfect draw. It almost looks like it was made by a machine.

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    The last V double robusto I had was plugged, but it was from a new B&M who might have had it over humidified. However, I've always been impressed with the looks of the V series as a whole. Very nice looking wrapper, no seams, and it's one of my favorite bands. I have a lancero waiting for me in the humi, but I've been putting it off because I don't have any more Vs. lol guess it's time to stock up
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I have to say anything by AJ. I've yet to have any construction issues with any of his stuff.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I can't say. My luck is to always find the stick with construction issues.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Hand down this one goes to Padron for me, especially the 1926 and 1964 Series lines.... Never quite seen perfection in tobacco like that.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    90+ Irishman:
    Hand down this one goes to Padron for me, especially the 1926 and 1964 Series lines.... Never quite seen perfection in tobacco like that.
    +1 I smoked a padron 1964 box pressed, and it was a great cigar, i When i was finished, i was pissed I only bought the one!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Behike 52, just immaculate construction from materials to craftsmanship or the My Father 2010 by JG and PG, which has the perfect draw and construction
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    NC, Padron 1964's
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Diamondog:
    NC, Padron 1964's
    Agreed DD, CC = Santos or Hamlet Custom Roll... Phenomenal construction to put it lightly ;)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I always have perfect construction and burn on Fuente stuff. Same for LFD. I haven't smoked much My Father produced stuff so I can't say. All Ashton stuff is top notch and all the stuff AJ does is near perfect.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    On all the cigars mentioned thus far, I've had examples with construction problems. Imo the best construction I've seen on a cigar has been with the Padilla Miami 8&11 reissue made at El Titan de Bronze in Miami...perfect draw every time (and I've had close to twenty), razor Sharp burn, strong ash, wrappers don't tend to crack from expansion.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Most of the Padron, Fuente, Behike. In fact, I never had any construction issue with these three brands.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    PSD No.4

OpusX Lost City

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Though I'm not a fan of a ton of his blends RP is almost flawless everytime.

• chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I'd have to say davidoff
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    90+ Irishman:
    That's exactly what I was thinking, however, the V's are right up there IMO.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Ah..forgot about Davidoff. Yes, Davidoff is the most consistent cigar maker in the market.
    chemforever:
    I'd have to say davidoff
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    90+ Irishman:
    +1 I've only had a problem with one out of all that i have smoked
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    So far it was A Opus X robusto. Flawless experience.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    rzaman:
    Ah..forgot about Davidoff. Yes, Davidoff is the most consistent cigar maker in the market.
    chemforever:
    I'd have to say davidoff
    That would be my opinion as well. Padron would be second, but not really a close second, and everyone else pretty far behind. Those two manufacturers, as far as consistency, are far and above everyone else, in my opinion. I'm not saying their cigars are the best, rather their quality of manufacture.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Davidoff's QC is definitely at the top of my list. I will say though, that I can't remember ever having trouble with a Liga Privada product. If I remember correctly, the Liga Privada lines are rolled in a special manner, that in my experience facilitates an incredible smoke production, plus great construction. Otherwise, Fuente performs pretty wonderfully almost always, but sometimes their rollers get a little glue happy, which I consider to be an aspect of construction.

But yeah, Davidoff.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    For a single line of cigars... the Tatuaje La Verite 2009 has been literally perfect in every aspect each time I've smoked one.

I will also agree with doc and say that all the LP products are fantastically made.

I can also say that I've never had a Fuente Shark that was anything less than perfect.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    chemforever:
    I'd have to say davidoff
    ageed. i have had moderate to major construction issues with every cigar/brand mentioned here (even though i still respect them quite a bit) save for davidoff.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    kuzi16:
    chemforever:
    I'd have to say davidoff
    ageed. i have had moderate to major construction issues with every cigar/brand mentioned here (even though i still respect them quite a bit) save for davidoff.
    I've never had a Davidoff...the price point has always skeered me off. So many cigars, so little time!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    At the risk of being controversial, I'd have to say that my opinion on it would be dependent on what we're talking about. Maduros, cameroons, premiums, etc. There are so many and each may have it's own issues. There are a few newer brands/lines that I haven't tried yet, as I live in an area that is too far away from cigar shops that get the new stuff. Personally, I have yet to find a cameroon that is "great" construction that won't have some problems with the wrapper at one time or another. Torano's 1916 is probably my all time favorite, as it's construction is top notch, but as with any cameroon, if the weather isn't just right, cracking can occur. PAMs. There is no question that they have the great construction and flavor. Top notch all the way, but have run into a few burn issues on them. AVO, great construction, great burn, but personally, I didn't find the flavor profile as good as I thought it should be.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Ive had so many that had awesome cunstruction until you smoke that oooone cigar that goes boom. I've always thought the CAO VR, BLACK and most CAO cigars have consistently good construction. Opinion only. AJ has extremely consistent awesome construction, i dont think ive had a diesel unlimited with and construction issues, and i smoke a lot of those.
  • DrfredtxDrfredtx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Everything from AJ is rock solid perfect!! The V's are a close second and Illusione 3rd.

Fred
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Construction wise, I have not had a Avo, Zino that gave me problems or El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro robusto. Dang that was long, lol. And I smoke a lot of all three.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    docbp87:
    Davidoff's QC is definitely at the top of my list. I will say though, that I can't remember ever having trouble with a Liga Privada product. If I remember correctly, the Liga Privada lines are rolled in a special manner, that in my experience facilitates an incredible smoke production, plus great construction. Otherwise, Fuente performs pretty wonderfully almost always, but sometimes their rollers get a little glue happy, which I consider to be an aspect of construction.

But yeah, Davidoff.
    I agree with Doc, the LP's are always consistent and have a good even burn and no unraveling or cracking.. The worst constructed cigars I have ever seen are some of the Gurkhas that bulge or crack if you look and them wrong.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    ShotgunJohn:
    The worst constructed cigars I have ever seen are some of the Gurkhas that bulge or crack if you look and them wrong.
    Ha ha! Have you had the Indian Tabac cigars?
    I've had them explode just sitting on my desk. Or the wrapper just starts coming undone as you try and hold it together.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    the alec bradleyy black markets i bought are so well constructed. they almost look fake