Home General Discussion

Cigarmagedon 2012 at Tobacco Shoppe of Midland, MI

Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
image my Hubby in the red shirt watching the Masters image Our Men of the ROUND TABLE imageKevin Fitzgerald owner of the shoppe image Kevin and Matt imageimageMatt wit Dave one of the guys I went to Nicaragua with imageimageimage Matt making Bruce a VERY HAPPY MAN!!! imageimage GREAT WAY TO SPEND THE NIGHT!

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures Katt. Matt is a cool guy, I met him last year in Arlington's Cigarzone. I also got one of that ashtray. I like his Namakube PapaChulu cigar as a quick second smoke. The new OSOK is a decent cigar. he needs to expand his blending with other cigar makers rather than sticking with Camacho only. Camacho is a great cigar maker but they have a distinctive taste and specific loyal customer group. However, Matt is very intuitive and smart guy and I am waiting for better cigar from his brand.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Cool pics Katt,, did ya pick up or try any namakubi's??? Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    rzaman:
    Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures Katt. Matt is a cool guy, I met him last year in Arlington's Cigarzone. I also got one of that ashtray. I like his Namakube PapaChulu cigar as a quick second smoke. The new OSOK is a decent cigar. he needs to expand his blending with other cigar makers rather than sticking with Camacho only. Camacho is a great cigar maker but they have a distinctive taste and specific loyal customer group. However, Matt is very intuitive and smart guy and I am waiting for better cigar from his brand.
    I agree with you razzman. Wouldn't it be great if he teamed up with DPG for OSOK, OMG Now that would be a great smoke! We didn't pick up any swag this time. We have so many ashtrays it's crazy! I like the 101's myself.
    The Kid:
    Cool pics Katt,, did ya pick up or try any namakubi's??? Thanks for sharing!!!
    No trys this trip. I'm not a fan of the namakubi. Can't really say why butthe couple that i smoked just did nothing for me.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    Rudy notice the stickers ? Bro when you gonna pick yours up :-P
    I believe DPG is very busy with his own line. tatuaje has a historic connection with DPG. In fact, DPG consider pit like his own gringo son. I saw a video of DPG and his daughter Jannie. In that interview she said that from now on they want to create their own brands. pepin struggled a lot in his life and now it is his time. have you heard of Pepin's lawsuit with Eduardo Fernandez? I believe after that experience DPG is trying to run his business solo.
    Katt68:
    rzaman:
    I agree with you razzman. Wouldn't it be great if he teamed up with DPG for OSOK, OMG Now that would be a great smoke! We didn't pick up any swag this time. We have so many ashtrays it's crazy! I like the 101's myself.
    I heard about that from Kevin ( my tobaccoinst). Yes I think DPG is a VERY BUSY MAN ! When were there in Jan he was gracious and toured with us, because Jamie was not able to do it. Since I was the only female on the trip I was treated like a princes. DPG even gave me two lanceros straight from the aging room while he was talking to all of us. They will probably NEVER BE SMOKED!
    rzaman:
    I believe DPG is very busy with his own line. tatuaje has a historic connection with DPG. In fact, DPG consider pit like his own gringo son. I saw a video of DPG and his daughter Jannie. In that interview she said that from now on they want to create their own brands. pepin struggled a lot in his life and now it is his time. have you heard of Pepin's lawsuit with Eduardo Fernandez? I believe after that experience DPG is trying to run his business solo.
    Katt68:
    rzaman:
    lucky you. In Latin culture people can be very friendly and generous. I am glad you enjoyed your trip so much.
    Katt68:
    I heard about that from Kevin ( my tobaccoinst). Yes I think DPG is a VERY BUSY MAN ! When were there in Jan he was gracious and toured with us, because Jamie was not able to do it. Since I was the only female on the trip I was treated like a princes. DPG even gave me two lanceros straight from the aging room while he was talking to all of us. They will probably NEVER BE SMOKED!
    rzaman:
    Katt68:
    rzaman:
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Good stuff Katt. Matt is great peeps. To answer the question about him blending with other people it simply comes down to him having a deal with Camacho to do his cigar line. I'll go more into this when I post my interview with him but that's the short of it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    And that's a great lookin shop