Home General Discussion

Liga Privada

jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
hi fellow BOTLs. One of the lBnMs around me (ish) is having a Liga Privada event this Saturday. Any recommendations on what to smoke? They said the entire Drew Estate line will be there (but theyre primarily focused on the undercrown). I've only only had the number 9 (5 x 52) and really enjoyed it. If you guys can recommend not only the smoke to pick up but the size as well, I'd greatly appreciate it! Jiunn

Comments

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    oh. i forgot to mention. i don't like infused cigars... tried their coffee infused ones and wasn't a fan
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I can speak for the #9,undercrowns and feral flying pigs. They are great
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    What are your cigar preferences? Size, shape, wrapper, strength?
    y2pascoe:
    What are your cigar preferences? Size, shape, wrapper, strength?
    I typically enjoy medium to medium full bodied cigars. I'm still learning size. been smoking a bit of DPG stuff lately (LGC, DPG blue, DPG cuban classic, art deco which i know isn't really all DPG). I've been really digging that stuff. In terms of wrappers, i basically try out anything. typically dont touch connecticut wrappers all that much though. Jiunn
    Direwolf:
    I can speak for the #9,undercrowns and feral flying pigs. They are good. Haven't tried the others
    Sweet! I'll see if they have those. Thanks brother. Jiunn
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Nice! I Love the whole Liga Privada line. T52 being my fav, L40 a close 2nd.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I've found the No. 9 to be the most flavorful, and it's what I'd consider a medium body. The Undercrown is a lot like it IMO, at a more affordable price and easier to come by. If your into big ring gauges (and if they have them) check out My Uzi Weighs A Ton. As far as large ring gauged smokes go, it's my fav. I don't like infused cigars either, which account for most of D.E.'s offerings, but their traditional cigar lines are some of the best IMO.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    T-52 Toro is the best regular release Liga Privada cigar, IMO. The T-52 Flying Pig WAS the best, but those aren't around anymore. Be sure to get your hands on the A if they have any.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I second the T-52 toro, awesome cigar.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    docbp87:
    T-52 Toro is the best regular release Liga Privada cigar, IMO. The T-52 Flying Pig WAS the best, but those aren't around anymore. Be sure to get your hands on the A if they have any.
    I agree, if you can grab the elusive "A" do it!! I love the no.9 Toro, the Undercrown Gran Toro, the T52 Toro and the Dirty Rats.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    docbp87:
    Be sure to get your hands on the A if they have any.

I just got mine today. You'll have to buy a box of T52's or No. 9's. Or two boxes of Unicos. At least that's what I had to do.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    Ive tried the T9 and the Undercrown and I love the undercrown I'm still dying to try that T52 I'm just wondering if it's worth the 14$ tag at my local B&M
    Whoa. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Looks like I'll come outta there w/ some good stuff (and quite a lighter wallet haha). Cheers brothers. Jiunn
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    If you can find them, feral flying pigs are the mother effin shiznit!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Love the Undercrown and I'll hopefully be firing up a No.9 tomorrow night. Nothing like comparative shopping!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    #9 toro is my favorite, but any thing that starts with liga and ends with privada, i would endorse!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Jiunn, check out page 2 of the ratings forum. There is a thread called "Liga #9 Toro" where folks get into how some of the LP products age. Might be useful info in there for you, becuase I know your like me where it takes a while to get through a box and it would stink if you bought a full box of something and then some of them we're past their prime before you got to them.

Anyway just some food for thought. The only LP I've ever had was the Under Crown (enjoyed it quite a bit) so I don't have much to add to this thread form personal experience, but wanted to point you to a discussion about it. Just so you go in informed.
    boydmcgowan:
    Jiunn, check out page 2 of the ratings forum. There is a thread called "Liga #9 Toro" where folks get into how some of the LP products age. Might be useful info in there for you, becuase I know your like me where it takes a while to get through a box and it would stink if you bought a full box of something and then some of them we're past their prime before you got to them.

Anyway just some food for thought. The only LP I've ever had was the Under Crown (enjoyed it quite a bit) so I don't have much to add to this thread form personal experience, but wanted to point you to a discussion about it. Just so you go in informed.
    cool. just checked out that thread. my friend, it looks like we got quite a few No.9s to get through within the next few months hahah.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    docbp87:
    there is nothing more to add here.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    boydmcgowan:

Anyway just some food for thought.

This is why I went with the T52's for a box purchase.