Home Non Cigar Related

Tobacco seed.

124»

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    RBeckom:
    I have sent out all of my seed stock if a BOTL accepts my offer.
    I hope to let everyone know for sure later today.
    replied, sorry for the delay
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    by chance any seeds left?
  • avroshackavroshack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Dear Sir,
    I would love to grow tobacco seeds for cigars. What do I need for filler, binder and wrapper? The Habano sounds good. Which Connecticut leaf is the best wrapper? Many thanks for your helpfulness and generosity.

Paul (paulbazalgette@juno.com)
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    by chance any seeds left?
    Plenty of seed but it is late to be planting this year. The seeds are in the freezer for next season, check with me about January and I will be happy to ship you plenty.
    avroshack:
    Dear Sir, I would love to grow tobacco seeds for cigars. What do I need for filler, binder and wrapper? The Habano sounds good. Which Connecticut leaf is the best wrapper? Many thanks for your helpfulness and generosity. Paul (paulbazalgette@juno.com)

As I am a novice myself when it comes to selection for a particular part of the cigar I would advise that you contact some of the senior members of the forum for advise. There are plenty of great threads out there that compare not only the taste and attributes of a leaf but also the differences if it is grown in certain soils. I wish I could be more help to you but I am afraid my influence would misguide you. Sorry I could not be more helpful.
    I financially could not meet the needs for all of the growers this year, for this I am sorry.
    I do however still have plenty of seed frozen for next year and hope to be able to ship them to all who need them.
    I generally start shipping in January.
  • joshuaherrlejoshuaherrle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    i would love to my grandpa grew his own. could u send me some?? my name is joshua herrle adress is 424 n 4th ave sterling colorado 80751. i would realy appreciate it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Dear Joshua,

You just made a big mistake on your first post.
    . You don't have any idea what can happen when you put your address on this forum. I'm just sayin.
    Welcome to our club. Go to the general section and introduce yourself.
    joshuaherrle:
    i would love to my grandpa grew his own. could u send me some?? my name is joshua herrle adress is 424 n 4th ave sterling colorado 80751. i would realy appreciate it.

Wait, see and be astounded for you will receive all that I have left.
    Read closely on the way of sprouting the seed earlier in this post for it is paramount in the whole process to get a good start, then they almost take care of themselves.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Go to leafonly if you want seed. They also have whole leaf for sale. No taxes since it is an agricultural product and not a tobacco product'
    It is time to send seed now as I know from last year several wanted seed, just know I have plenty, Just resend your addresses through PM's and I will get busy with my work, no work is the wrong word, packing is a better choice for I actually enjoy helping when I can.
    Rodney.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    RBeckom:
    It is time to send seed now as I know from last year several wanted seed, just know I have plenty, Just resend your addresses through PM's and I will get busy with my work, no work is the wrong word, packing is a better choice for I actually enjoy helping when I can.
    Rodney.
    Rodney, I still have seeds from a couple of years ago, but you reminded me it's time to plant! I look forward to growing some more tobacco and plan on having a couple of rows in the yard this summer.

Your seeds made some beautiful plants. Thanks for sharing!
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Rodney.
    Rodney, I still have seeds from a couple of years ago, but you reminded me it's time to plant! I look forward to growing some more tobacco and plan on having a couple of rows in the yard this summer.

Not too brag but I had a Florida Sumatra reach over ten feet tall with two feet leaves last season. Four plants survived the outgrowing of the weeds I couldn't pull until my surgery, all were Florida Sumatra plants and huge. This year I plan on up scaling production with a curing / aging barn extension on the back of one of my out buildings, two stories, one for curing one for aging. It faces the south west so I shouldn't have to add much extra heat until late fall. I figure a twelve by twelve with cooling and heating should meet my needs for now, humidification will be as natural as possible and I have a solar passive idea I have been waiting to try out for a while. My tobacco that was cured three seasons back has mellowed and some I have started to sample but I think that with a few more years behind it will definitely improve it further, especially the stronger leaves such as the Havana's and Sumatra's.
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Rodney.

Not too brag but I had a Florida Sumatra reach over ten feet tall with two feet leaves last season. Four plants survived the outgrowing of the weeds I couldn't pull until my surgery, all were Florida Sumatra plants and huge. This year I plan on up scaling production with a curing / aging barn extension on the back of one of my out buildings, two stories, one for curing one for aging. It faces the south west so I shouldn't have to add much extra heat until late fall. I figure a twelve by twelve with cooling and heating should meet my needs for now, humidification will be as natural as possible and I have a solar passive idea I have been waiting to try out for a while. My tobacco that was cured three seasons back has mellowed and some I have started to sample but I think that with a few more years behind it will definitely improve it further, especially the stronger leaves such as the Havana's and Sumatra's.
    That sounds awesome! I am thinking about how I will harvest and cure the leaves... I dont really have a large area that I can hang em up and control the humidity... may look into fermenting in a cooler or some kind of container.
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Rodney.

That sounds awesome! I am thinking about how I will harvest and cure the leaves... I dont really have a large area that I can hang em up and control the humidity... may look into fermenting in a cooler or some kind of container.

The Seedman.com site is a great site where you can buy seed but they also describe exactly how to build a small curing box complete with humidification and a heat source. I can not get a posted link to work but his site is easy to find then look under miscellaneous seeds and then tobacco and here you will find the info.
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Rodney.

This leads to The Seedman site where you can buy seed but also describe exactly how to build a small curing box complete with humidification and a heat source.
    Rodney, can you post that again or pm me the link? That one didnt work. Id love to check it out.
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Gray4lines:
    RBeckom:
    Rodney.

This is a broken link and will not work.
    Search out The Seedman.com site instead, where you can buy seed but they also describe exactly how to build a small curing box complete with humidification and a heat source.
    Rodney, can you post that again or pm me the link? That one didnt work. Id love to check it out.
    Remember that I will be sending seeds for the next few weeks. If you would like some, I have:

Habano
    Florida Sumatra
    Pennsylvania Red
    Kelly Broad leaf
    Connecticut Broad leaf
    Connecticut Shade Leaf
    Black Mammoth
    Let me know the amount needed. A few grams of seed goes A long way.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    RBeckom:
    Remember that I will be sending seeds for the next few weeks. If you would like some, I have:

Habano
    Florida Sumatra
    Pennsylvania Red
    Kelly Broad leaf
    Connecticut Broad leaf
    Connecticut Shade Leaf
    Black Mammoth
    Can I get some? Id love to try!

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    RBeckom:

Habano
    Florida Sumatra
    Pennsylvania Red
    Kelly Broad leaf
    Connecticut Broad leaf
    Connecticut Shade Leaf
    Black Mammoth
    Can I get some? Id love to try!

Aj

PM your address, as I seem to have lost my list over time, and I will be happy to send them.