Home General Discussion

Lanceros

bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
After reading a good bit of lancero hype I picked up an Oliva V a while back. It's been resting for a three months and now that the weather is warm and I have more time for smoke I'm itching to fire this thing up.

So, how long does it generally take you guys to burn through an lancero? I usually smoke robustos which still take me about 1.5 hrs.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    The last Tatuaje Especiales I had lasted me a good hour and 15 minutes. But, those are so good you want to make them last a long time.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    bbass2:
    After reading a good bit of lancero hype I picked up an Oliva V a while back. It's been resting for a three months and now that the weather is warm and I have more time for smoke I'm itching to fire this thing up.

So, how long does it generally take you guys to burn through an lancero? I usually smoke robustos which still take me about 1.5 hrs.

Obviously it'll vary from person to person, but whatever you do, smoke the lancero slowly. If you smoke it too fast, it'll get bitter on you in a hurry. This may sound silly, but smoking a lancero takes practice.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    It's also going to vary from one blend to another, some just naturally burn faster. In general, I'd say between 75-90 minutes is a decent expectation, perhaps more depending on your habits.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    bbass2:

Again, your time will vary but based on a Robusto at 1.5 hrs you are probably looking at 2+ hours. If I may suggest one thing besides smoking a Lancero slowly, take softer draws also as the harder the draw the hotter you will make the cigar. Also, as someone else mentioned smoking a lancero does take some practice.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    due to the small ring on a lancero it should be smoked as slow as you can. they will heat up if smoked quickly.

if you aim to keep your cherry as flat as you can with no cone when you ash you will get over an hour without a problem... probably closer to 90 min.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    bbass2:

smoked that exact same stick today took me about an hour and fifteen/ hour and a half. great stick first one for me aswell.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Lanceros are that one vitola that I seem to experience the most construction problems. And I understand that rolling a long, thin cigar, with equal pressure and tobacco along the whole length is difficult. I always find that one spot along the stick where it is either too light and squishy, or to tight with tobacco. But I deal with it. Just an observation.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    these are something I want to try more of, I have had the My father and Oliva as well, great sticks but need to venture out more and find them.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    What are some good ones to try? I have only had the LP-40 with mixed results. I had a 5 pack and 3 were pretty good and the other 2 had lots of burn problems. Are all lanceros like that or did I just get a bad set?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    San Lotano Habano is excellent
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    If you can get some try Cuban Cohiba Lancero. My non-Cuaban favourite Lancero is Tatuaje El Triunfador.
    lonewolf2011:
    What are some good ones to try? I have only had the LP-40 with mixed results. I had a 5 pack and 3 were pretty good and the other 2 had lots of burn problems. Are all lanceros like that or did I just get a bad set?