Home General Discussion

Ccom American Label

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
Just tried one of the new cigars from Ccom, American Label
WI binder, Ct wrapper and Ct broadleaf and habano filler. Very tasty stick, bright, spicey flavors , med body, kinda sweet.i dont think its listed yet but The reps will sell it. Saw it on facebook page...... Come to think about it,not really sure how i feel about seeing it there first. Might have to talk to somebody about that.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I saw it listed last week in the list of brands. America F yeah.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    The ccom house blends are all short filler, correct? This one as well? Still curious to try it either way.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    oilburner:
    The ccom house blends are all short filler, correct? This one as well? Still curious to try it either way.
    No I believe the house blends are all long filler, I could be wrong though.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    For the other house blends, I was partially wrong. Sounds like they're "sandwich" cigars.
    From a 2009 Alex post: " They are a sandwich. Long filler with some short filler in the bunch. We make ourhouse blends attheDavidoff Factory. As you can imagine, having these cigars made with such premium tobacco and at the worlds most famous premium factory presents some price challenges, especially after the new taxes. In fact, it may behardto keep ourproduction thereafter SCHIP but we are trying."

I suppose the American blend is the same, but curious nonetheless.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I think since then they have moved production to Nic.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    These are on daily deal!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had to jump on that...

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    USA USA USA USA!!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I'll have to wait anothe rmonth before I get a few. Budget is more than shot!
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    allsmokedup:
    These are on daily deal!
    why did you post this !!! Now I want to try a box :)
    Yes, I'm rather compelled to buy a box too when I get home. I thought it would be a boring blend like the purple label, but Mr. beatnic doesn't seem to think so.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    allsmokedup:
    These are on daily deal!
    Just pulled the trigger on these - going to get in trouble with the fiance though....
    Doing a split with a few friends but they're shipping to my place so hopefully they're worth the wrath I get, lol.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    allsmokedup:
    Yes, I'm rather compelled to buy a box too when I get home. I thought it would be a boring blend like the purple label, but Mr. beatnic doesn't seem to think so.
    I like that. Mr. beatnic. Got a good ring to it. And FYI, way way better than the purple label.
    I've opened all of the house blends up at one time or another and they really are kinda mixed. No cut tobacco, but various sized pieces of tobacco.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    These look tempting. i have been in the mood for a more mild/medium cigar lately.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Shoot. Very tempting. I need some nice mild smokes to round out my collection. Found myself starting at nothing but ligero this morning while looking for a smoke.

This would nicely balance the box of Padilla Miami's I have on the way...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Getting a few off Stephen, thanks again brother, and am very excited about it. CCOM House Blends FTW!
    I smoked 1/3 of a corona from the box I got from the Daily Deal earlier this week. Pleasantly surprised!
    The flavour profile was much like the MoW Virtue. Delicately spicey without being heavy. It was almost cedary, but tasted a bit young. Ash held on for at least a inch or a bit more. I think they could use a few months rest, but still taste good ROTT. Construction was good with a smooth wrapper, and no obvious anomalies.

I performed surgery on the remains of the cigar and it looks to be mostly long filler with some shorter leaves in the center. Cuban sandwich.

I would recommend this to fans of the MoW Virtue as it has a similar profile.