Home General Discussion

Daily Smoke

Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
Ok guys I have been looking around and haven't found much of a thread on what would you consider to be a DAILY SMOKE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ahead of Time..

Comments

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I think it's all preference and is broken down in two categories flavor profile and cost. For a mild moderately price smoke 5 Vegas gold, Alec Bradley American blend, or perdomo champagne. For a little stronger smoke you could go with 5 Vegas high primings or maybe a diesel brand. I enjoyed 3 to 4 smokes a week and usually don't go below those brands if you look around and talk to a rep you can get good smokes for a reasonable price. I my self usually stick to anything aj Fernandez for my everyday smoke and throw in don pepin a Padilla every once in a while.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I'm not a daily smoker, but there are TONS of options IMO for daily smokes ($2-$3 or so if not less) but it depends on what you're looking for. What type of flavor/strength profile are you looking for?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    A lot of the AJ cigars would fall into the daily smoke category for me, based on quality and cost they are generally a good value. Most Perdomo cigars fit the same bill for me.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I don't smoke everyday, but if I did and wanted to be on a budget I would go with the AJ Fresh-rolled followed by the Gran Habano Vintage
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    If I could afford to smoke every day, I'd pick something like the rocky patel sungrown toro, partagas serie D No.4 or something like those that I like enough to really enjoy.

I don't really stick to one particular maker/brand, but those stand out as reliable sticks.

• KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Bahia Maduro, LGC Serie N, CCOM Brazilian, GH Vintage 2002. my dailys.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Well since I am new to this I find that I have really enjoyed the 5 vegas maduro torpedo. Although I did try an Aj Fernandez fresh rolled last night.. I smoke marlboro reds on a daily basis so it seems that so far I am attracted to the Stronger Maduro types. Has anyone ever tried the AJF Fresh Rolled Maduro? What did u think about it? for the money they seem like a hell of a deal..
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    For me it is the Diesel UHC, and most of the 5 vegas stuff. I am always on the look out for a good budget smoke.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    5v A, AAA, and classic. GH Vintage 2002, est 1844 are all what i would consider daily smokes and i can get them for under $3 each
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    Medic45:
    Well since I am new to this I find that I have really enjoyed the 5 vegas maduro torpedo. Although I did try an Aj Fernandez fresh rolled last night.. I smoke marlboro reds on a daily basis so it seems that so far I am attracted to the Stronger Maduro types. Has anyone ever tried the AJF Fresh Rolled Maduro? What did u think about it? for the money they seem like a hell of a deal..
    I was a marb red smoker too and I love strong cigars. I would recommend 5 vegas triple a a nice aj manduro or diesel UHC. If you want a little more kick try diesel unlimited. C.com have a smash pack 3 of each for a good price check it out.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I think what you should do is try as many samplers as you can or do trades, then look for bulk. Honestly, i tend to buy in bulk "every day" smokes for storage as they improve with age. I have tons of AJ/DPG/Padron that I look to get under $4 a stick. Many can be had for under $3 and with age they start to come alive. For me: Tatuaje nobles, MOW Ruination, Ave Maria, 1844, MOW, DPG, and RP90 are all cigars I get in the $3-$4 range I would consider every day smokes for me, but that is what I like.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    catfishbluezz:
    I think what you should do is try as many samplers as you can or do trades, then look for bulk. Honestly, i tend to buy in bulk "every day" smokes for storage as they improve with age. I have tons of AJ/DPG/Padron that I look to get under $4 a stick. Many can be had for under $3 and with age they start to come alive. For me: Tatuaje nobles, MOW Ruination, Ave Maria, 1844, MOW, DPG, and RP90 are all cigars I get in the $3-$4 range I would consider every day smokes for me, but that is what I like.
    great advice right there. it reminded me that i was wanting to try and get some time on the 1844's i have but im on my third in the last 4 days...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Medic45:
    Ok guys I have been looking around and haven't found much of a thread on what would you consider to be a DAILY SMOKE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ahead of Time..

HA HA HA!!

and by that i mean: did you search "Daily smoke" using the search option in the upper right hand corner?

sorry... i just see this thread every few weeks. this forum has no stickies. new people tend not to use the search option. you see the problem? once things get a few pages back (and they get there quickly) they seem to disappear forever.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    Man O War Puro Authentico, I have one almost every day in the morning with my coffee.
    Learned something new THANKS Kuzi
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Medic45:
    Learned something new THANKS Kuzi
    just some good ol fashioned ribbing. On a side note when i just searched for "everyday smoke" i came up with one where i suggested a NUB. its amazing how tastes change over the years.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    This is a great question, I have had this problem for quite sometime. I purchase my C'GARS from this site we are on now, but I purchase my daily smokes from my smoke shop, I smoke Bundles, I find they are cheaper than a Box. I smoke "CREAM" 7x42 "TABACALERA SERRANO" 6/12X48 AND "ZOIDIAN" THESE COME IN A BOX OF 40 MADURO WRAP ALL SIZES, I GET THE 7X48 PRICES: $32-80. I have to say that "ZOIDIAN" is an AWESOME SMOKE. ask your smoke shop. Thank's for asking the question.
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    I like to have a E P Carrillo (white) with coffee in the morning. Then see where the day takes me. Often in the evening Hubby and I will smoke something with med to full flavor.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Typically, Brian's daily smoke is whatever I happen to give him when I come to work...
    Lol Daniel I bought a Padrone today tyvm lol Which I might add was GREAT
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    j0z3r:
    A lot of the AJ cigars would fall into the daily smoke category for me, based on quality and cost they are generally a good value. Most Perdomo cigars fit the same bill for me.
    +1 on Perdomo. Also Jesus Fuego. Speaking of J. Fuego, you smoke that 777 maddy yet Joe? Was it "yummy"?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    +1 on Perdomo. Also Jesus Fuego. Speaking of J. Fuego, you smoke that 777 maddy yet Joe? Was it "yummy"?
    Indeed I did, and indeed it was. Thanks again for that.