Home General Discussion

custom cooler

bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
I've been using a cooler for a while now and I love it BIG TIME. I had all my cigars in old cigar boxes crammed in like a tetris game until I finally ran out of room. After extensive searching I finally found some affordable Spanish cedar to make my custom trays. They are now complete and acclimating to their new environment, check it out:

custom trays

Three trays of 100% Spanish cedar. All the same size only the dividers are different. Each is 3" tall overall by 16" wide by 11" deep.

Bottom tray:

custom trays

The middle bin is for humi beads, the sides can fit cigars up to 6 3/4" and the back can take churchills end to end or three sets of robustos. Plenty of airflow below the tray, it doesn't sit on the bottom of the cooler.

Middle tray:

custom trays

The side bins (with cigars laid sideways) can take cigars up to 6" and the middle bin is for long bastuds like 'A', lancero, etc. or two sets of robustos.

Top tray:

custom trays

Just like the bottom tray. Middle is more beads and a hygro. Sides are up to 6 3/4" and back is 16" end to end.

This was a super fun project for me. My cooler is small, a 33 qt. Coleman Stackable, so it filled up fast with cigar boxes. These trays should give me a lot more capacity in my humble, little cooler. It was a labor of love, it took several hours to do but now I'm psyched.

Comments