Home General Discussion

Best mild cigar that you have had?

airborneollyairborneolly Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
I’m still pretty new to the cigar world so I am starting out with the mild cigars first, and I was wanting to see what are some of the best mild cigars out there that you guys have had before. I have had the RP Connecticut, the Vegas 5 gold and some other ones but I would like to get your guys opinions thanks.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    La Riqueza best mild-medium IMO
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connecticut is the finest, money-is-no-object, mild-medium cigar I've had the pleasure of smoking. Great flavor profile and complexity.
    As far as every-day mild-medium, it's hard to beat the EPC New Wave.
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Oja Connecticut would be close to the top of my list for mild, as well as my connie list.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Don Lucas, AVO original. 5Vega gold.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    airborneolly:
    I’m still pretty new to the cigar world so I am starting out with the mild cigars first, and I was wanting to see what are some of the best mild cigars out there that you guys have had before. I have had the RP Connecticut, the Vegas 5 gold and some other ones but I would like to get your guys opinions thanks.
    IMO, the RP Connecticut is far inferior to the RP Vintage 1999. Much better smoke. Also, I love the San Lotano Connie. Great morning smokes.
  • airborneollyairborneolly Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    thanks for the advice, i think that i am going to have to just try them all. lol
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    CAO Gold was my go to mild stick for the longest time. I still love that cigar.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Man o war virtue for the win
  • airborneollyairborneolly Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    i had one of those not to long ago and i thought that it was pretty good, not that i have too much experience, but i liked it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    best mild smoke i have ever had was the original release American Avo 22.
    good luck finding those.

my favorite mild smokes lately have been the Davidoff 2000, san lotano Connecticut, Avo Classic, room 101 connecticut (mild-med)
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Avo Classic and the vitola is robusto. I have gone through two boxes and half. And that's in a year and a few months. Yes, this is considered my everyday stick. It does the job for me with some good old cup o joe in the morning.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Definately Gurkha Shaggy Natural. Something in there that has tons and tons of flavor but is mild at the same time.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Gurkha Park Ave and Rocky Patel Signature are good. Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 is also good. Anything from Fuente's regular line is a good bet. La Riqueza is a great mild and the original Diamond Crown is fantastic
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    At the present time, Im going to have to go with the San Cristobal Elegancia to win, MoW Virtue to place (even though there is some debate about whether it can accurately be termed a mild), and Oliva Connecticut Reserve to show.

But the BEST advice I can give you is to try them all and decide for yourself. At the end of the day, the only one who can truly decide what is a great cigar for you, is YOU. Its one of the things that makes this hobby great! Enjoy the journey my friend. :-)

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    CAO gold for me. Mow virtue is good aswell but it is only mild for a little while =).
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    For my money, Ashton Classic is among the best mild cigars out there. Love the Avo Classic as well. Any of the milder Kelner (Avo, Davidoff, Zino) blends are really nice, as a blender I think mild-medium is where he shines.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I'm not sure if it's my actual favorite, but I'm a big fan of the Verdadero Organic. Especially for the price.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Most of my go-to's have been said, but Cusano 18's damn good as well.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    +1 on the Rocky Patel Vintage '99 and Signature. Especially good for beginners. E.P. Carrillo New Wave Connecticut has little or no pepper and is newb-friendly as well.

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    E.P Carillo New Wave Connie has my vote!
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    airborneolly:
    Perdomo 10 Anniv. Champagne, Ashton Cabinet
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    and if your Dos Eques man... The Punisher
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    For my money, Ashton Classic is among the best mild cigars out there. Love the Avo Classic as well. Any of the milder Kelner (Avo, Davidoff, Zino) blends are really nice, as a blender I think mild-medium is where he shines.
    Yeah, agreed. I like the thousand series, the Zino platinums, and the Zino classics are amazing with a few years on them.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    +1 on the Ashton, Ashton Cabinet and AVO classic. +1 on the Perdomo Anny Champagne as well, although this one approaches mild-to-medium for me.

I know this isn't what you asked, but the C.Com Purple label is a great value mild connie for the cost. Also, the Montesino maduro is the mildest maduro I've ever had and is very good IMO for a mild (and can be had for fairly cheap too)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Avo Classic for sure, also The Griffins original (Classic) is a fantastic smoke, I just tried my first Man O War Virtue which is mild to me, and very tasty.