Home General Discussion

Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds.

2»

Comments

• Tuna Tar TarTuna Tar Tar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    I think the O & G maduros are pretty good but never thought much of the natural counterparts. If anyone buys a size an they come in maduro please post. I am assuming the petite corona size is the special g. It is the closest thing that I have seen Oliva make in a petite corona size.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    I just smoked another one of these today. i am almost 100% sure that these are Olivas. the flavor profile gives them away. Oliva has a very distinct style of blending. they are the quintessential Nicaraguan cigar. wanna taste Nicaragua? smoke an oliva.
  • neilpossneilposs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    I just received two mazos of these. They came in the shade wrapper. Very light in color, darn near a claro (green). They are tasty, but very mild, it takes a while for the flavor to build up on the palate. I'm generally more of a medium-full kind of guy, but there is no disputing that these are good cigars. I'm still frequently guilty (although deep down I know better) of harboring certain expectations about a cigar's flavor profile based on its country of origin. Indeed, I was hoping for something darker, fuller and more robust than what arrived. This was another reminder that any country can produce any flavor profile cigar and that my prejudices are unfounded. To make things worse, all the pictures of these bundles I've seen have shown dark, maduro wrappers. Again, they are good cigars (I've found that there are certain times of the day when milder is better). I found this forum in doing a search for"90+ rated nicaraguan seconds" and have been aching to share my opinion of these.
    neilposs:
    I just received two mazos of these. They came in the shade wrapper. Very light in color, darn near a claro (green). They are tasty, but very mild, it takes a while for the flavor to build up on the palate. I'm generally more of a medium-full kind of guy, but there is no disputing that these are good cigars. I'm still frequently guilty (although deep down I know better) of harboring certain expectations about a cigar's flavor profile based on its country of origin. Indeed, I was hoping for something darker, fuller and more robust than what arrived. This was another reminder that any country can produce any flavor profile cigar and that my prejudices are unfounded. To make things worse, all the pictures of these bundles I've seen have shown dark, maduro wrappers. Again, they are good cigars (I've found that there are certain times of the day when milder is better). I found this forum in doing a search for"90+ rated nicaraguan seconds" and have been aching to share my opinion of these.
    glad you found us. stick around. you may have some fun.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I've bought four bundles of these so far, two were Camaroon, two have been Connecticut. All I've bought have been Toro's. I'm curious if anyones bought the Perfecto's, which I'm assuming will be the "O" blend.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    So I take it that it's just pot luck what kind of blend they send. I always thought they were maddys or corojo.
  • neilpossneilposs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Now that I've had a chance to smoke several of these beauties, I realize they are not as excessively mild as I first thought. I'd put them in the mild-medium class with a complexity that builds in body as you burn your way through it. I think I was reacting to my expectations of what flavors the super light wrapper would produce. They definitely have the flavor profile I generally expect from a nicaraguan cigar. Very rich, very satisfying. I've gone from, "ah man, I won't be ordering any more of those" to, "mission accomplished; I've found a new staple for my rotation".
    neilposs:
    Now that I've had a chance to smoke several of these beauties, I realize they are not as excessively mild as I first thought. I'd put them in the mild-medium class with a complexity that builds in body as you burn your way through it. I think I was reacting to my expectations of what flavors the super light wrapper would produce. They definitely have the flavor profile I generally expect from a nicaraguan cigar. Very rich, very satisfying. I've gone from, "ah man, I won't be ordering any more of those" to, "mission accomplished; I've found a new staple for my rotation".
    i think there are a few blends in the line. some are milder than others.