Home General Discussion

introducing me the newbie

jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
Hi all,

Newbie here. Not 100% newb actually. I've posted on this website about 2 years or so ago but haven't really kept up w/ it. But since then, I've been a big time lurker (especially within the last 5-6 months). Sometimes it's pretty sick how much I look at this forum haha. At any rate, wanted to hop back on and actually talk to you BOTL and SOTLs.

Jiunn

Comments

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    also, any of you guys in the bay area (east bay, peninsula, south bay, SF area)? Any plans to get together for a smoke? If not, lets get one going
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Good to hear from ya brother, you'll have to be more active this time around. What's some of your faves?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Welcome........again. Jiunn
    yea will definitely post more. you guys are a really nice group of folks. my faves? hmm. padron 64 maduro was my first "wow i love cigars" moment. I can't really name faves but i really enjoy smokes that have a balance of cream, leather, cedar, and semi sweet components to it. I recently had a Art Deco and have never tasted that much leather and cream. I have a tendency to forget the flavor profiles of cigars after about a week (horrible i know haha).

btw - i just saw a "newb welcoming" thread. sorry, didn't mean to be an attention whore at all.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    whores are welcome. LOL Welcome.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Don't worry about being an "attention" whore, we are all whores in one way or another. Welcome back aboard. If you read twice as much as you post your knowledge bucket will fill quite quickly; so may your humidor.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Glad to have you brother and glad you like the brother/sisterhood, it is a fantastic set of people! Great choices in cigars and hope ya stick around :)
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    bandyt09:
    If you read twice as much as you post your knowledge bucket will fill quite quickly; so may your humidor.
    Be nice Todd. lol
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    danielzreyes:
    bandyt09:
    If you read twice as much as you post your knowledge bucket will fill quite quickly; so may your humidor.
    Be nice Todd. lol
    Daniel, if I wasn't being nice, I would have already acquired his addy, and packaged up his welcome bomb before he really even had a chance to get off the bus. Jiunn is a good guy, I remeber when he first came on and I also remebered who he dealt with so I could obtain said address quickly.
    wow. you remember me from back then? haha nice. I feel honored and full of gas due to the whey protein shake.

I've herfed w/ Hays and Joey (stellar guys). I'm also buddies w/ Boyd. Him and i just had a MoW Armada a few weeks ago.

so get this. i'm usually having a cigar in my little single car garage while watching South Park or Family Guy. But writing a post while having this Morro Castle (awesome cheapola stick btw) is much much better. haha got so excited just ashed on my crotch.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    welcome Brother!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Welcome aboard Jiunn. I hope to see more posts from you.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Welcome to the best dam cigar forum period
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    jliu:
    Hi all, Newbie here. Not 100% newb actually. I've posted on this website about 2 years or so ago but haven't really kept up w/ it. But since then, I've been a big time lurker (especially within the last 5-6 months). Sometimes it's pretty sick how much I look at this forum haha. At any rate, wanted to hop back on and actually talk to you BOTL and SOTLs. Jiunn

Jiunn, is a solid BOTL and a good friend of mine for the last 5 or so years. hahaha, glad you finally started posting again brother.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Welcome back brother, hope you stay around awhile.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Welcome back!!

Rob
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Looking forward to many future great times w/ ya'll.  Tonight, I'm going to have a welcome back to ccom celebration stick (any reason to celebrate haha).  Padron 1964 maduro time. 
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    jliu:
    also, any of you guys in the bay area (east bay, peninsula, south bay, SF area)? Any plans to get together for a smoke? If not, lets get one going
    sounds like a good idea, when and where??

415:
    jliu:

finally!  415, Where do you live (I assume SF)?  I vote for weekends.  you know what, if I get a few more folks to respond on this post, I'm giong to start a new thread and set something up. 

• 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    jliu:

415:
    jliu:

finally!  415, Where do you live (I assume SF)?  I vote for weekends.  you know what, if I get a few more folks to respond on this post, I'm giong to start a new thread and set something up. 

currently living in novato (but ive lived in almost every city in the 415 area code) as far as weekends go saturdays tend to work better than sundays for me
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    415:
    jliu:

415:
    jliu:

currently living in novato (but ive lived in almost every city in the 415 area code) as far as weekends go saturdays tend to work better than sundays for me
    I'm in if I'm in town, keep me posted guys.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome Jiunn, I remember when you first came on board...barely...Hope all is well for you, glad to see you're back.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome Back Jiunn... now, start sharing your experiences with us.
    kaspera79:

experiences. lets see here. one of my most memorable cigar stories is when my buddy and i went to vegas a few weeks before he took off to NY for school. it was sort of a best of luck buddy, lets smoke some incredible cigars. during that weekend we had padron 45 year anniv, padron 40 year anniv, dirty rat, MoW armada, AB tempus, Opus X lost city, tat black, oliva v. it really opened (and spoiled) my tastes buds haha.

cigars to me is best enjoyed w/ a fellow BOTL. I absolutely love talking about the cigar, life, etc when having a smoke. the camaraderie of having a cigar w/ a BOTL is unmatched. For the folks that don't understand this, they're really missing out. I would love to be the guy that opens up that world to them. ok that's enough ranting for now haha. I LOVE the entire cigar experience.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome back to the forum
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    ENFIDL:
    E, why are we still awake and on the forum this late? LOL
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    jliu:
    kaspera79:
    experiences. lets see here. one of my most memorable cigar stories is when my buddy and i went to vegas a few weeks before he took off to NY for school. it was sort of a best of luck buddy, lets smoke some incredible cigars. during that weekend we had padron 45 year anniv, padron 40 year anniv, dirty rat, MoW armada, AB tempus, Opus X lost city, tat black, oliva v. it really opened (and spoiled) my tastes buds haha. cigars to me is best enjoyed w/ a fellow BOTL. I absolutely love talking about the cigar, life, etc when having a smoke. the camaraderie of having a cigar w/ a BOTL is unmatched. For the folks that don't understand this, they're really missing out. I would love to be the guy that opens up that world to them. ok that's enough ranting for now haha. I LOVE the entire cigar experience.
    Hey jliu.. That sound like an incredible weekend of smokes. After those it is hard to go back to the evryday stuff we normally burn. Your post made me want to dedicate a weekend to Super Premiums only. I will have to do that soon.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome back...

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    OchoZacho:
    ENFIDL:
    E, why are we still awake and on the forum this late? LOL
    I'm hoping your reason is drunkenness as mine is because I'm at work lol

kaspera79:
    jliu:
    kaspera79:
    experiences. lets see here. one of my most memorable cigar stories is when my buddy and i went to vegas a few weeks before he took off to NY for school. it was sort of a best of luck buddy, lets smoke some incredible cigars. during that weekend we had padron 45 year anniv, padron 40 year anniv, dirty rat, MoW armada, AB tempus, Opus X lost city, tat black, oliva v. it really opened (and spoiled) my tastes buds haha. cigars to me is best enjoyed w/ a fellow BOTL. I absolutely love talking about the cigar, life, etc when having a smoke. the camaraderie of having a cigar w/ a BOTL is unmatched. For the folks that don't understand this, they're really missing out. I would love to be the guy that opens up that world to them. ok that's enough ranting for now haha. I LOVE the entire cigar experience.
    Hey jliu.. That sound like an incredible weekend of smokes. After those it is hard to go back to the evryday stuff we normally burn. Your post made me want to dedicate a weekend to Super Premiums only. I will have to do that soon.

right on!  can't do too many of those.  it burns the pockets pretty deep haha.  let me know what you end up smoking if you do this.  come to think of it, let me know before you do it so that i can match haha.