Home General Discussion

what's next for E&O Brands?

HJA66HJA66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

I found this on http://www.halfwheel.com

I guess that E&O Brands will just be E from now on. 

Orestes “Erik” Espinosa has a new cigar company. Earlier this week, Espinosa Premium Cigars began appearing on a variety of social media platforms.

Espinosa is most famous for being the E in EO Brands/United Tobacco, a partnership with Eddie Ortega the pair founded in 2003. Over the past decade the company has put out numerous cigars including 601, Cubao, Murcielago and others.

In the summer of 2010, Rocky Patel purchased a 50% stake in United Tobacco. A little over a month ago, Eddie Ortega resigned from EO Brands to launch his own company, Ortega Cigars. While there is no word on Espinosa’s future role with EO Brands, there seems to be at least some indication that he will be remaining in his new role that he assumed after Ortega’s resignation. Currently, his LinkedIn profile indicates that he is the owner of both Espinosa Cigars and EO Brands.

While Espinosa hasn’t spoken of specifics, he has shown off a band and a cigar. Also, the Espinosa Cigars website indicates that an announcement will likely come on March 14, 2012.

In addition to his involvement with EO Brands, Espinosa has served as a sales representative for a variety of brands including Drew Estate and Rocky Patel.

More details are expected in the coming days.

Comments

• bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Ooooo Cigar gossip. Don't know if this is spam but I love the 601 brand. They came the closest to recreating the REO cigar that broke me in. Still chasing that cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    yup... i saw that. the "E" of EO brands will probably keep the 601 and other brands as quality as it is now and introduce new cigars in the future as any other brand would.

the "O" has started shipping his own brand as of late and is doing one heck of a job on twitter promoting it. i look forwart to reviewing one. I have a ton of respect for Eddie Ortega and he is a great guy from what i can tell. all the best to his new brand.