Home General Discussion

anyone have one of these tower humidors

Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
Does any one have one of these humidors? Im thinking about getting one. They are on the high side money wise, but this should hold enough for me for a few years of collecting. Let me know what you like and what you dont like about it. Also where you bought it. Thanks. image image

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I wish I had one, but when buying one make sure the wood matches the room it is going in. You don't want to look stupid now, do you?
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Here is where it will go, if/when i get it image
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Rail Jockey:
    Does any one have one of these humidors? Im thinking about getting one. They are on the high side money wise, but this should hold enough for me for a few years of collecting. Let me know what you like and what you dont like about it. Also where you bought it. Thanks. image image
    I have one. Its a little over 6 ft tall. 30 in wide. Will hold about 1500. I love it. I have a moist-n-air in the bottom. I also have 2lbs of beads at the very top. I dont have any drawers, only shelves. Rock steady at 66rh/68*. Currently, I have 20 trays. Holds over 20 boxes in the bottom. The smell in incredible when I open it.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I have a 6' Cab as well with the drawrs in mid top stays a couple % lower then top but nothing to worry about. Its the same set up your looking at just a basic oak. Drawrs are nice since I find surprizes every time I look in them.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I just bought a new one that arrived yesterday. It is the most up to date Monolith. I love this thing. You plug it into the wall it it automatically regulates temp and humidity. Just set and forget. Nothing to refill as it humidifies by using the condensation from the condenser on the back which regulates temp. That said, it does require a quarterly seasoning. It is the wine fridge of humidors. Man cave is still a work in progress but this is going in the corner across from the whisky!! I am a big fan. Don't let the picture fool you. It is a big unit. Could get about 8 boxes in each drawer and the top drawer is a nice lift out tray for singles.

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Alex, what does something like this run?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    You would need to ask your rep but I think it is in the neighborhood of $1600 + freight.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Alex Svenson:
    You would need to ask your rep but I think it is in the neighborhood of $1600 + freight.
    awesome, one of these days,lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:

Thats what I'm hoping for ... so Alex these can be ordered thru CCOM ?
    Yes we can Accomodate. We are going to warehouse these but are waiting on a shipment. We have some in Miami now that we can have shipped from there right away. Might want to talk to trident, he just picked one up.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    How does this compare to this one from climate care? It seems similar but I like the wood case of this one. http://www.humidorvault.com/Climate-Care-2000-Electronic-Cigar-Humidor-p/hum-cc2000.htm
    lonewolf2011:
    How does this compare to this one from climate care? It seems similar but I like the wood case of this one. http://www.humidorvault.com/Climate-Care-2000-Electronic-Cigar-Humidor-p/hum-cc2000.htm
    Thats a good looking humidor for sure. I don't have any experience with this brand. I can tell you that you MUST buy from a reputable dealer/ place. The Molonith for example is on its second generation now. I had a first as did several of my friends. It required quite a bit more work to get humidity consistent. I am told version 2.0 is a big step up but the Molonith maker is very good about making sure you are happy with the product. A few people who had some of the first models had them replaced gratis by Molonith. I like that kind of guarantee and service. Price is spot on too.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Alex Svenson:
    I just bought a new one that arrived yesterday. It is the most up to date Monolith. I love this thing. You plug it into the wall it it automatically regulates temp and humidity. Just set and forget. Nothing to refill as it humidifies by using the condensation from the condenser on the back which regulates temp. That said, it does require a quarterly seasoning. It is the wine fridge of humidors. Man cave is still a work in progress but this is going in the corner across from the whisky!! I am a big fan. Don't let the picture fool you. It is a big unit. Could get about 8 boxes in each drawer and the top drawer is a nice lift out tray for singles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My lowly 40-ct just cried like a whipped puppy and I think I may need a towel...
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    Alex Svenson:
    lonewolf2011:
    Thats a good looking humidor for sure. I don't have any experience with this brand. I can tell you that you MUST buy from a reputable dealer/ place. The Molonith for example is on its second generation now. I had a first as did several of my friends. It required quite a bit more work to get humidity consistent. I am told version 2.0 is a big step up but the Molonith maker is very good about making sure you are happy with the product. A few people who had some of the first models had them replaced gratis by Molonith. I like that kind of guarantee and service. Price is spot on too.
    Thanks Alex. I have been looking at both of these for a while and as much as I like the looks of the climate care the monolith is the only one i have seen real user reviews. In Arizona controlling the temp is my biggest Challenge. I think I will either go with the Monolith or get a wine fridge with some custom drawers.