Home General Discussion

thrifty 50

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
Is it worth it?

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    deejmemixx:
    Is it worth it?
    Worth? Most definitely. $2/stick.? There will probably be a handful that you don't particularly like, but none are bad. And you'll learn a lot about different brands. And the ones you don't like? Have a contest. Somebody likes them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    for me? no. its not worth it. However, if you have never had any of those cigars it is totally worth it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Not at all, IMO. Unless you need copious amounts of mediocre to poor cigars that fill space. Smoke less, but better.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    There is a sampler on another site with 40 for 99...and while I would not normally post something like that here, the sticks are much better, and the guys at Ccom will match. PM for details, the guys here are the best
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    catfish... pm to ya. Thanks for the response guys, I need to get some sticks in my cooler hardcore and am looking for a good deal.... but dont want a bunch of sticks I have not had nor like.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    docbp87:
    Not at all, IMO. Unless you need copious amounts of mediocre to poor cigars that fill space. Smoke less, but better.
    That's the sentence that describes this hobby for me.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    For me its quality over quantity. I like variety but for $100, you can get a good custom sampler from one of the ccom reps for that much money.
    to be honest... I have only ordered from the cigar sprint... I have not done much searching of other sites, a few but not really... feel free to pm if you have had good experiences... although I doubt anyone could beat CCOM :D
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    scarlin:
    docbp87:
    That's the sentence that describes this hobby for me.
    +1. I use smokes that are less than stellar to pass out to friends/non-smokers/moochers that think everything is cuban.

deejmemixx:
    I doubt anyone could beat CCOM :D
    It's been my experience that they'll match a price found on any other web site. I've had two different box purchases that I found on a simple Google search that came up considerably cheaper than what ccom had the box listed for. A quick e-mail to the Beard and he matched the price, no fuss no muss. As always, I am one happy customer thanks to the awesome service we get here
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    catfishbluezz:
    There is a sampler on another site with 40 for 99...and while I would not normally post something like that here, the sticks are much better, and the guys at Ccom will match. PM for details, the guys here are the best
    I think I know which sampler your talking about and if ccom will do that one that would be a much better deal.10 less sticks but better quality.
    for a hundred bucks one of the reps will set you up nicely.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    dennisking:
    For me its quality over quantity. I like variety but for $100, you can get a good custom sampler from one of the ccom reps for that much money.
    Yup. +1 Beard just hooked me up with some of my favorites last night but, at a very reasonalbe price. :)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I'd skip it. I have enough "whatever" smokes.

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Tough crowd. The fella is trying to learn to drive and you tell him he won't be happy until he pays for the Ferrari.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    deejmemixx:
    catfish... pm to ya. Thanks for the response guys, I need to get some sticks in my cooler hardcore and am looking for a good deal.... but dont want a bunch of sticks I have not had nor like.
    Idk seems like a pretty good deal to me for 15 different brands. Especially if you haven't smoked any of them and are looking to try new things - I'd say go for it.
    I can say that the LPH Black Pearl, Cohiba Red Dot & Puro Dominicana, Bahia Maduro and CAO Brazilia - are all were good smokes. Idk if I'd spring for a box of any of them but they were definitely decent smokes.

Also if you find there's some brands in the sampler you don't like you could always look to trade them or send them off in a bomb.

Just my $0.02
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    Tough crowd. The fella is trying to learn to drive and you tell him he won't be happy until he pays for the Ferrari.
    No sir... just saying he's had good smoke already don't take a step back.

stephen_hannibal:
    beatnic:
    No sir... just saying he's had good smoke already don't take a step back.

I get what everyone is saying, I have had plenty of good sticks and bad sticks....but not had all of the sticks in this package. I know I dont like the black pearl, and gurkha are hit or miss most the time. Just wanted some other opinions.