Home General Discussion

An odd question

JZerbyJZerby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
There are a few places around here where some of the guys from work and I like to go for a drink after we get off that don't allow cigars.

So here's my question.

Is it possible to take a favorite cigar, remove the filler or grind up the whole thing and put it in those filter tubes or roll it in cigarette rolling paper? I mean, I know it's possible, but how would this effect the flavor if it was done?

I would never consider this cuz it seems dumb, but my idle curiosity has me wondering about it.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Please don't do that lol
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    The wrapper adds a tremendous amount of flavor to the overall cigar. Find a new place or just live with it...
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Direwolf:
    Please don't do that lol
    +1
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Direwolf:
    Please don't do that lol
    +1 ... It's like if you were to ground up Kobe Beef and make sloppy joes out of them.
  • JZerbyJZerby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    I just don't smoke in those places. and I would NEVER do it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Wouldn't be the same I would think. But I remember someone on here saying they would sometimes cut up a cigar and smoke it in a pipe. But I just can't picture doing that to one of my lovelies.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    If they let you smoke cigarettes, they probably wouldn't mind cigarillos... There are plenty of small options out there, Ive been curious to try the RP sungrown and cohibas
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Rhamlin:
    Wouldn't be the same I would think. But I remember someone on here saying they would sometimes cut up a cigar and smoke it in a pipe. But I just can't picture doing that to one of my lovelies.
    Cutting at least maintains the proper ratios, if done carefully. This wouldn't do that. I mean if you got a stick you're willing to sacrifice...far be it for any of us to say it's wrong...but I don't think the outcome will be anything close to what you had to start with.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Diamondog:
    The wrapper adds a tremendous amount of flavor to the overall cigar. Find a new place or just live with it...
    50-60%
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    some of the reasons that people enjoy cigars are because of the complexities of it, the well balanced proportions that are a result of countless hours of blending and reblending, the journey that it takes you on, and of course how long they last, forcing you to relax.

once the cigar is apart you have lost the complexities, the balance, and the journey. once it is in the tube and is filtered, you have lost the taste, the relaxation and every other reason one would want to smoke a cigar.

bars dont outlaw cigars because they are huge sticks of tobacco. they ban them because people that come in there dont like the smell of fermented tobacco leaves burning. you are still burning the same leaves if you execute your pan. people will still complain.