Home General Discussion

Xikar

Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
I figured I write up a little post on my experiences with xikar cutters. For xmas I received a x1 carbon fiber cutter, 007 punch, and a multi tool. They truly make a difference. I know the x1 cutter says it can cut up a 54 ring cigar but I've had no problem cutting up to 60 since I only cut the end off anyways. The punch really is one of the best I used and the multi tool cuts much better than I ever thought I keep it in a cigar.com match box in my blue ray case so i always have it when I go out to smoke. Other useful usesis bleeding your light or poking a cigar to make it draw better. I'm not sure what did before I owned these. The carbon fiber cutter is a little pricey gift from my wife but I think the x3 would be just as good and you can get one for 35 bucks.

Comments

• RianRian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    Hey man, great to hear! Im a Xikar customer for life. When I was in Afghanistan I carried the rosewood cutter around in my pocket and the finish on the wood came off. Keep in mind it's the $80 cutter... Anyway, I sent it back and in about two weeks they sent me a brand new one. That's service! I also own the gunmetal three flame lighter, it's awesome too.

Xikar, from my experience, stand behind their products.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I didn't know how much difference a really good cutter would make. Wow, these come sharp! I love the zebrawood cutter I have and the crossover lighter. Really good quality stuff.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, XiKar and Palio are both awesome... all about service. I've had a XiKar lighter replaced, and a Palio cutter replaced, both no questions asked, both fast and easy.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Love my xikar. But have to admit, my Cuban crafters Perfect cut has now become my #1. Can't argue with the price either.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I've been using my CC perfect cutter but lately I think the blades have gotten a little dull, so going back to dependable xikar
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Although this isn't directly related.. I had a terrible thing happen today. My xikar lighter went through the washer....so I let it dry out a little and blasted some air through it, annnd it still works great!!! You better believe I was thinking about that warranty, but its nice to see that I can still keep it! I was pretty surprised. I'm glad it didn't make it to the dryer and turn into a bomb.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    The Mayan 3D cutter looks sick..I want it. Anyway I have 2 Xikar Xi2s and they are great! Also have an executive lighter and it is my most dependable lighter.