Home Non Cigar Related

Lost another hero -

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but anyone on here that is familiar with the hbo series band of brothers knows who lt. Buck Compton is. Well, he passed away at age of 90. I just got done reading wild Bill's and Babe book and Stehpen Ambrose's BoB book. These guys are one of a kind. "Currahee!!"

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    It won't be too long before all wwII vets are gone. True Heroes all of them. Buck was great in the series. Sad to see these guys passing on but amazing what they accomplished and their selflessness.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Some of the best time I've had were sitting down to lunch with my buddy AL. He was a pilot in WWII . and he'd tell me about his life, growing up, going to war. I''ve been lucky to have a few old men take the time and share their stories with me over the years.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Direwolf:
    Some of the best time I've had were sitting down to lunch with my buddy AL. He was a pilot in WWII . and he'd tell me about his life, growing up, going to war. I''ve been lucky to have a few old men take the time and share their stories with me over the years.
    That's awesome and absolutely priceless interaction. Closest I've gotten to that is reading all the letters that my grandfather's cousin sent him from Europe. He was there during the Battle of the Bulge. One of the letters had a Nazi patch in it. First time I held it, it was sort of overwhelming because I realized at that moment how he probably got it.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    RIP Buck Compton, a real hero.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    This is so sad. I hate seeing the last few from that generation passing. He was a true Hero. RIP Buck and thank you for everything
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    After all the he11 he went thru on this earth while serving this nation, Buck Compton richly deserves every reward he will receive in heaven. RIP Buck - those of us who remember will NEVER forget.