Home General Discussion

Favorite non-alcoholic drink while smoking

2»

Comments

• 3 Stripes3 Stripes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    This thread had me thinking since I am usually drinking a beer when I smoke that I should try something different. Last night I lit up a RP Edge Corojo and opened up a root beer, it amazed me how wonderful they tasted together. I will now be trying other non alcoholic drinks and see what happens.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    3 Stripes:
    This thread had me thinking since I am usually drinking a beer when I smoke that I should try something different. Last night I lit up a RP Edge Corojo and opened up a root beer, it amazed me how wonderful they tasted together. I will now be trying other non alcoholic drinks and see what happens.
    I used to always have a beer too, but I've found that beer overpowers the flavors of the cigar.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I will have coffee every once in a while, but I usually drink alcohol, Makers Mark or Buffalo Trace to be exact, because it is something else I enjoy while I'm relaxing. It is part of the relaxing experience I get while smoking a cigar. I'm not out to get drunk, just to relax and enjoy two of my favotire tastes.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    I will have coffee every once in a while, but I usually drink alcohol, Makers Mark or Buffalo Trace to be exact, because it is something else I enjoy while I'm relaxing. It is part of the relaxing experience I get while smoking a cigar. I'm not out to get drunk, just to relax and enjoy two of my favotire tastes.

Ditto Puro
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    Water or Matá
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219

My preference is a hot cup of joe or hot tea, really complements the cigar nicely!

Robert

"Happiness is a long ash".

• TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    Crystal Light, Diet Coke, single malt scotch, coffee, and various ales. All mixed together of course...
  • aaronjmaaronjm Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Mine is always an Arizona Georgia Peach Tea in the tall can.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Coffee, water, sometimes grape gatorade which is good if a stogie is particularly strong because it seems to act as a palette cleanser. I'll have to try some different flavors of tea.
  • onlinevonlinev Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    This is onlinev from canada. I am a newbie of this site and i think this site has a lot to provide to the visitors.
    onlinev

alcoholism treatment
    welcome aboard onlinev ...this is a great forum
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    onlinev:

Hi,
    This is onlinev from canada. I am a newbie of this site and i think this site has a lot to provide to the visitors.
    onlinev

alcoholism treatment
    Hey onlinev... First of all, this is the NON alcohol drink while smoking, if you think you must help people, you may need to post your advice in a different forum.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kaspera79:
    onlinev:

Hi,
    onlinev

alcoholism treatment
    Hey onlinev... First of all, this is the NON alcohol drink while smoking, if you think you must help people, you may need to post your advice in a different forum.
    or at least the non-cigar section.

just one more tidbit on the alcoholism thing...
    some can drink a lot and not have a problem. some can drink one and that would be a problem. I am not the one to judge where you or anyone else stands in that spectrum-- and you shouldnt be either.
    personal responsibility, folks. take care of yourself before you take care of others-- otherwise you wont be able to take care of others.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I sit back with a glass of iced tea. If it happens to be in the morning, than a cup of coffee. I need to try some Starbucks with a stogie, that sounds pretty good.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Matt Marvel:
    I sit back with a glass of iced tea. If it happens to be in the morning, than a cup of coffee. I need to try some Starbucks with a stogie, that sounds pretty good.

Espresso Truffle is the SH#T!!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Jetmech_63:
    Matt Marvel:

My regular drink from there is the Caramel Frappuccino. I might try something a little different with a cigar though.
    Matt Marvel:
    Jetmech_63:
    Matt Marvel:

My regular drink from there is the Caramel Frappuccino. I might try something a little different with a cigar though.

White Chocolate Mocha with a RP Decade / or any Don Carlos .....Holy Chit!!!
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Rasberry Ice Tea and a RP Vintage
  • JFJF Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 54

Most of the time, about 7 tablespoons of espresso coffee (Bustelo) left in a 1L french press no less than fifteen minutes - I swear, it actually seems to have taken on a viscosity, like oil, after that. Sometimes I find that the flavor of this rocket fuel can overpower a more subtle cigar - then I go for red tea, also brewed strong - nothing goes better with cigars on the milder side.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    A glass of Coke with ice. I let the glass sit for awhile to let the ice water it down a bit.