Home General Discussion

noob thanks for this forum

SoddyDenizenSoddyDenizen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
Just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate what I have learned by reading and searching this forum. Lots of good info packed here! I am merely a child in the cigar world but I have gleaned a ton of knowledge here starting with seasoning my first humidor to getting an idea of what a good cigar is all about. Though I have an unrefined palate I have learned to relax and enjoy a slow even burn and a good tasting cigar. I really got started late last year during an extended stay in Yuma, I wandered into a tobacco store with nothing in mind. The great staff there turned me on to as good a cigar as I could get within my limited budget. I have since sampled a few different brands and styles and of course have had a few duds. But the good ones are a real treat. I have since found good store here in Nashville and while the owner has let me try some at below his retail I have in turn purchased a few a little out of my price range. But reading here has given me a ton of knowledge, mainly by learning from everyone's experiences and tastes. It seems like a very civil bunch here with a good exchange of information and a high tolerance for us newbies. Great forum and info, thanks again!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    These are a great buncha guys. Never seen then turn down a chance to help someone
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Welcome aboard!
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Everyone starts put a noob, welcome to the smoking club brother!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Welcome to you and your 2 friends.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    SoddyDenizen:
    It seems like a very civil bunch here ...
    ... man, im not very civil at times.

...but im workin on it.
    nothing personal i hope.
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
    It's been said before, but I think it bears repeating...these are some of the most generous and sincere folks I have encountered! Welcome to the forum brother.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Good to have you brother, I too am glad I found this place, the knowledge here is priceless much. Not to mention the fine caliber of people here.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome to the forum, lots of good borks here a.d lots of knowledge also. Enjoy
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    kuzi16:
    SoddyDenizen:

...but im workin on it.
    nothing personal i hope.
    Yea, but you do run a h3ll of a Secret Santa Program...
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    Welcome Soddy....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    spindrift:
    kuzi16:
    SoddyDenizen:

...but im workin on it.
    nothing personal i hope.
    i choose to get all of my good deeds out every year in one go.

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    spindrift:
    kuzi16:
    SoddyDenizen:

...but im workin on it.
    nothing personal i hope.
    Ain't that the truth. Welcome to the forum btw, pull up a chair and stay awhile.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    SoddyDenizen:
    Just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate what I have learned by reading and searching this forum. Lots of good info packed here! I am merely a child in the cigar world but I have gleaned a ton of knowledge here starting with seasoning my first humidor to getting an idea of what a good cigar is all about. Though I have an unrefined palate I have learned to relax and enjoy a slow even burn and a good tasting cigar. I really got started late last year during an extended stay in Yuma, I wandered into a tobacco store with nothing in mind. The great staff there turned me on to as good a cigar as I could get within my limited budget. I have since sampled a few different brands and styles and of course have had a few duds. But the good ones are a real treat. I have since found good store here in Nashville and while the owner has let me try some at below his retail I have in turn purchased a few a little out of my price range. But reading here has given me a ton of knowledge, mainly by learning from everyone's experiences and tastes. It seems like a very civil bunch here with a good exchange of information and a high tolerance for us newbies. Great forum and info, thanks again!

Sounds like you are on a good path with your cigar hobby. I agree with you, this is a great forum. I've been working my own way through the thousands of cigars that are on the market for the past 1&1/2 years and it is mostly the recommendations of fellow BOTL's that have panned out and turned into great experiences for me. Welcome!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Welcome to the family brother
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
    welcome brother!
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome again and first thing buy a bigger humi!! And nobody counts very well in this Forum!!! LMAO