Home General Discussion

unholy cocktail

ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
im smoking my first one now and damn is it good. This one might actuly be my first box purchase in the near future and best of all it is affordable for me!!!! Of course i do have a Mow ruination and a virtue to smoke before i make my final calll =). But damn for the money this bad boy is just perfect!!!!!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    They really are great. One of my top 2 cigars. Def box worthy. If you can set some aside to age, if you get a box, they get even better with some age on them. Glad to hear you are enjoying it
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    i was going to try and save this one but i couldnt wait!!! i left in in my humi just long enough to recover from the trauma of shipping. I might have to smoke the MOW tomorrow there is a grand opening of a new cigar lounge down town here in little rock. This would be after i purchase one of theirs ( proper etiquette from what i hear) any one know how the rest of the diesel stuff is??? This cigar just keeps getting better for me.. still going strong.
    I'm a fan of the whole line. The Shorty Edition is fantastic as is the Diesel Unlimited. The Unlimited is very different from the UC but is great.
    thanks man as always every one on here is always very helpfull
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    The UHC is a great smoke! I've been tempted to buy a box of those as well. But that Ruination just does it for me!
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I'm halfway through my box of diesel shortys I bought last may I really like them they are better with age, I think I'm gonna get a box of the regular UHC when I'm almost done with this box, love that Pennsylvania wrapper
    Imgembo:
    thanks man as always every one on here is always very helpfull
    Anytime man.
    jr_p951:
    The UHC is a great smoke! I've been tempted to buy a box of those as well. But that Ruination just does it for me!
    DO IT!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    I have to agree with the brothers on this one. I have enjoyed the whole line of Diesels. Was hooked when Andy from ccom slipped on into my order one time and that was all she wrote. From here on out I'll always have some in the humi.
    Cant wait to try one of the D7s that I have had resting for over a year. Just need to make room for the Box of UHC that are coming. Once that has been arranged, plans are to get a box of D5 & box of Shorties and just forget about them for 1.5yrs or longer. :D
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Never had an Unholy Cocktail. Sounds good, I'll have to pick one up some time.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    RampMonkey:
    I have to agree with the brothers on this one. I have enjoyed the whole line of Diesels. Was hooked when Andy from ccom slipped on into my order one time and that was all she wrote. From here on out I'll always have some in the humi.
    Cant wait to try one of the D7s that I have had resting for over a year. Just need to make room for the Box of UHC that are coming. Once that has been arranged, plans are to get a box of D5 & box of Shorties and just forget about them for 1.5yrs or longer. :D
    My thoughts exactly. I have a box of UC's enroute that I need to make room for, too! I just bought a 70 quart cooler, think that's big enough? I also love the Unlimited's with age on them, D5 being my favorite vitola. Those will be going down for the deep sleep along with some other AJ smokes. Since I have quite a few in my humi right now I'm shooting for 5 years before opening the boxes.

Imgembo~nice to hear you are exercising good etiquette at the lounge. It's INCREDIBLY rude to go into a lounge and only smoke your own cigars, a huge pet peeve of mine that I see and read about all the time. These owners need revenue to provide the lounge, they aren't philanthropists. You wouldn't take food from home to eat it at a restaurant and cigars are the same way. Personally I never smoke my own cigars at a lounge but if you are good for buying a couple I don't think the owner would mind. Okay, rant over. Now...try to get some age on those Diesels, you'll be blown away at their change!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I remember when these came out. Some were haters but most were lovers. Its nice to see that the hype was well deserved. This stick has staying power, even for years to come. Buy a box and age them a couple years. These $5 sticks rival some very high end sticks with some age on them.
    bigharpoon:
    RampMonkey:
    My thoughts exactly. I have a box of UC's enroute that I need to make room for, too! I just bought a 70 quart cooler, think that's big enough? I also love the Unlimited's with age on them, D5 being my favorite vitola. Those will be going down for the deep sleep along with some other AJ smokes. Since I have quite a few in my humi right now I'm shooting for 5 years before opening the boxes.

Imgembo~nice to hear you are exercising good etiquette at the lounge. It's INCREDIBLY rude to go into a lounge and only smoke your own cigars, a huge pet peeve of mine that I see and read about all the time. These owners need revenue to provide the lounge, they aren't philanthropists. You wouldn't take food from home to eat it at a restaurant and cigars are the same way. Personally I never smoke my own cigars at a lounge but if you are good for buying a couple I don't think the owner would mind. Okay, rant over. Now...try to get some age on those Diesels, you'll be blown away at their change!
    I will also be buying drinks. According to there web site they have great selection of bourbon and i guss a full coffee bar too!! Over all it sounds like an awsome place
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    bigharpoon:
    RampMonkey:

I agree. The only time I smoke my own stick in a B&M is when I walk in with it and if its a cigar they dont carry, I deband it Other than that, I will only smoke cigars in a B&M are the ones I buy there.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    SaVas:
    bigharpoon:
    RampMonkey:

I agree. The only time I smoke my own stick in a B&M is when I walk in with it and if its a cigar they dont carry, I deband it Other than that, I will only smoke cigars in a B&M are the ones I buy there.
    I will always but one or two or three from there out of respect for the operator, but may fire up one of mine and save one of theirs for later, if you know what I mean?
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    MVW67:
    SaVas:
    bigharpoon:
    RampMonkey:

I will always but one or two or three from there out of respect for the operator, but may fire up one of mine and save one of theirs for later, if you know what I mean?
    Just wanted to chime in here as well. Not sure if its as big of a no no to smoke your your own stuff in B&Ms, as long as your buying something and not trying to peddle a brand that they don't carry. Most places around me don't mind at all if you fire up your own, but they have a $10 purchase minimum to do that, which isn't hard to do with the CA tobacco taxes. And because of that minimum it takes all the guess work out of the etiquette game.

This works out pretty good for me, becuae I when I'm in a group of people I don't like to smoke something new, so I prefer to smoke my own in the group setting. Plus I usually bring extras for the people I'm meeting. And I like my B&M purchases to be cigars that I haven't tried yet, so I'll usually pick up 3-4 from my "to try" list and stuff them in my pocket for later and fire up one of my own. Its a win win in my book. Hope I'm not violating any unwritten B&M codes, hahaha.

Side note . . . Diesel UHCs are F'ing amazing.
    This thread has turned into a very informative B&M etiquette thread for me I have honestly never lit any thing up in one before. So good info for me all around. I am curious to see what they have at this one. Their sight says they have 2 walk ins so i cant wait to see what they have. I am thinking i might try an undercrown if they have it since i have read so much about them on this sight. I would by a house blend but they do not have one yet =(. Also the place is called Maduros....that has to be a good sign right? I love maduros.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I actually had one of these last night with a couple of years on it. It wasn't bad, but the unl is still my favorite.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I've smoked plenty of cigars I've aquired elsewhere at my B&M. I've also smoked plenty of his inventory as well. I've turned him onto some cigars he's never tried before, and I've brought in empanadas for people to snack on.

And I think the Diesel Unholy Cocktail is the sh!t.