Home General Discussion

Cigar happiness without a reason

rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
I went to bed at 6:30 pm and woke up at 1 am with a happy mood. I have no idea why I am feeling so happy. I wanted to smoke a good cigar to enjoy the moment so I am smoking a Opus X at my tropical backyard in Managua. I did not want to smoke inside my Mancave because weather is so nice this time in Nicaragua. I came to this country two years ago and will be here almost two more years. Life can be stressful sometime but work keeps me pretty busy. I collected this Opus X last December when I was in DC. It got seven years of aging. Interestingly, I am not even trying to discover the flavor rather than just enjoying the toasty, balanced spice ness of the cigar. reading some threads and appreciating the love you guys enjoy about cigar. Indeed, this BOTL group is full of amazing cigar lovers. I do not post regularly but read them almost everyday. In few occasions I have communicated with Tim, Kuzi and Dennis, you guys are wonderful. I have learned a lot from this forum. Though I am relatively new with cigar but I have tried more or less everything. My collection is pretty good and I have been enjoying aging them. My assignment in Nicaragua has been very rewarding because I am so close to the cigar culture. I have been enjoying visiting cigar factories, meeting many cigar makers. Life is good. I have no idea why I am writing this thread but I am just happy to express my feeling with a great cigar. If any of you come to Nicaragua please let me know so I can invite you to my Mancave and share a cigar with a BOTL. Finally, my question is do you guys feel happy with a cigar for no reason sometime?

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    When I'm sitting back with a glass of iced tea dn listening to some great tunes playing. The cigar becomes an extension of it all.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sitting down on my deck next to my pool in the Georgia summer evenings w/ either a sweet tea or coke enjoying a cigar. Perfect.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Yes, I feel that way about the whole cigar experiene. Great reading about your love of the cigar.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    Like you I read the forums daily, but post rarely. And like you, there are times there is no rhyme or reason why I will smoke a cigar, other than the mood feels right for one. More often than not, a good cigar alleviates the stresses of the day, and on occasionally, a cigar becomes the perfect compliment to being in a perfectly good mood, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    A cigar is ALWAYS a happy mood for me. For me, early in the morning, just after sun-up when all is still quiet and still, with a good book... gets NO better IMHO.

Not that it would compare in any way to an Opus X while sitting in Nicaragua itself! LOL I think you may have just become my hero! :-) Of course that could just be my jealousy talking...

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I love smoking between 11:00PM-1:00AM when it is quiet and calm outside. I love sitting, smoking and reading. Damn it really is a great respite from the stress of life.