2»

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    The Sniper:
    Vulchor:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    skweekz:
    Luko:
    Arguably, she was better at her craft than about 99 percent of the rest of the world is at theirs. I personally didn't like her music, but I respected her unique talent.
    Dead or alive....stoned or sober. She is still better than Gaga.
    not a chance....Whitney sang other peoples music.. She didnt write much if anything and played no insturments.....she justhad a decent voice and atone time was a good looking women. She couldnt carry Gagas suitcase. I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
    +1......good assessment Oz
    First, I fear GaGa's suitcase. Who knows what in the hell you might find in there! The thing wears MEAT DRESSES fer Chrissakes - what might her panties be made out of??? BLEEECH!!!! :-)

I think she would get more respect for her craft if she dropped the ridiculous schtick and just made music.

Are you sure Gaga sings her own stuff? Ive heard different. I really dont know. But that being said if I had to listen to either it would be Houston. Cant stand Gaga and I listen to some weird *** lol.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
    In Oz's defense on this, I agree to a point - same thing happened to Marilyn Manson. Dude was putting out some CRUSHING rock between the Antichrist Superstar and Golden Age of Grotesque albums, but a lot of people couldnt get past the schtick to enjoy the music. Too bad, cause they missed out!

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    The Sniper:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
    In Oz's defense on this, I agree to a point - same thing happened to Marilyn Manson. Dude was putting out some CRUSHING rock between the Antichrist Superstar and Golden Age of Grotesque albums, but a lot of people couldnt get past the schtick to enjoy the music. Too bad, cause they missed out!

Kiss, ALice Cooper , Motley Crue...... Many Bands and Musicians have gone on the freakyside.... ALL ARE STILL Cranking out the Music and Touring......... what about David Bowie , Iggy Pop, man the list is endless of FREAKS that actually wrote and played thier own Music! LOL Rock n Roll!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Redtailhawkoz:
    The Sniper:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Kiss, ALice Cooper , Motley Crue...... Many Bands and Musicians have gone on the freakyside.... ALL ARE STILL Cranking out the Music and Touring......... what about David Bowie , Iggy Pop, man the list is endless of FREAKS that actually wrote and played thier own Music! LOL Rock n Roll!
    alice cooper is one of my favs., saw them in houston in 1972 or 73,lol video CLICKHERE and kiss video CLICKHERE
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I think people who appreciate a good singer and musician see that Gaga is one of those and enjoy her for that. People who also enjoy the "freakshow" also get that fill with her too. I think she has a wide appeal to a lot of people for various reasons----and I dont think after as many records she has sold and fans that she has that she is really looking for "respect" at this point.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I'm 41 and "getting the band back together" - I will say, it's different than when we were all 31. It's like um, want a cup of coffee? Oh, no, it'll keep me up all night. Oh wow, is it 9:30 all ready?
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Theedge:
    I'm 41 and "getting the band back together" - I will say, it's different than when we were all 31. It's like um, want a cup of coffee? Oh, no, it'll keep me up all night. Oh wow, is it 9:30 all ready?

Im hip to that! My wife keeps pushing me to get back in a Band, I have some freinds that have asked me to start jamming with them ..... I think there is definatley still a place for 70's and 80's Rock n Roll in this world ! Maybe I will...........
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    We play on Thursday nights at my warehouse (7 - 10PM). I'm the youngest of the bunch (55). Name a classic R&R song, we'll play it. LOL
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Finally got all six of us together at once last Thursday, shooting for this coming Thursday again. It's starting to mesh up pretty good, they're all really good players. The singer is a huge hard rock fan, but I'm a keyboard player who likes the Fender Rhodes/Hammond type sounds. It's morphing into a hard rock/funky/jazzy thing. Sort of excited to get it out into the public at some point.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Redtailhawkoz:
    skweekz:
    Luko:
    Arguably, she was better at her craft than about 99 percent of the rest of the world is at theirs. I personally didn't like her music, but I respected her unique talent.
    Dead or alive....stoned or sober. She is still better than Gaga.
    not a chance....Whitney sang other peoples music.. She didnt write much if anything and played no insturments.....she justhad a decent voice and atone time was a good looking women. She couldnt carry Gagas suitcase. I love how Gagas being different and her appearence makes people think she is talentless......
    Whitney Houston was very much cast in the same mold has her Aunt Dionne Warwick. Both were outstanding singers, with powerful voices rooted in the same gospel sound, both capable of moving people with the emotion in their presentations, and neither of them did much original music. Dionne had Hal David and Burt Bacharach, and unfortunately, Whitney Houston paired up with an abusive thug. I am personally very sorry to see her wonderful voice silenced too soon. As for Lady GAGA; she doesn't do much for me. In fact I would never choose to listen to her music, whereas I have often chosen to listen to Whitney Houston, and I'm a huge fan of Dionne Warwick.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    You know, I always liked Whitney Houston. I enjoyed her music. She always had a tremendous voice, but I just can't feel sad for her death. I've had so many former friends die over the last 5-6 years, almost a dozen at this point, all of which were in way too deep into drugs at some point. I had a guy who I used to call my best friend who I found out died about a month ago and I just couldn't feel sad. This guy was my closest friend at one point, arguably the closest friend I ever had. I had prepared myself for that phone call a long time ago, and I just wasn't suprised when it finally came. When I, and other friends, walked away from that lifestyle and made positive changes for our lives, he just kept right on.

All I can do now, when I hear about people dying who just didn't take care of themselves and made all the wrong decisions, is just be thankful that I escaped from and be thankful for all that I have. Because if it weren't for just a couple of very crucial decisions that I made and a couple very supportive people in my life, it could very well have been me they found lying a ditch a month ago, or laying in a hotel bathtub a week ago.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Can we all agree on the one positive thing about all this?

She is SEVEN days Sober Today!

Allright, now I'll go back to being off the forums for awhile...
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Dude, I just gave you a complement on another thread.