Home General Discussion

Butane Fuel

2»

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    Oooh, let me know how that Perdomo lighter works, I've been wanting to get one for some time now.
    I've used it a couple of times now, Joe, and I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. I mean, it's a nice lighter, and it's bigger than all outdoors, but it's nothing special. The reflective lid isn't terribly useful, due to poor design. The lid doesn't tip back past 90 degrees, so in order to see your cigar cherry as you're lighting, you'd have to be holding it way down close to the jets. The best you can do is light for a bit, let off and raise the lighter so you can see the reflection, then light some more if it's not right, stop and check again, etc.

Also, the lack of a fuel window kinda sucks, especially on a lighter this big.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Hmm, maybe I won't be buying one then. Too bad really, I had almost talked myself into buying one, but if you're not thrilled with it, then I'd probably have a similar reaction.
    I wish I could give it a better review. C'est la vie. (And when I tried to use it to light my Padron a bit ago, it wouldn't even light. That pisses me right off. If it's not out of fuel, a lighter should friggin' light every damn time.)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    could be out of fuel. the fuel cans I have, when I go to fill the lighter I get spray from the top of the can. I have tried many different ways of pushing down and every time I get spray coming out from the base of the "plunger" if you will. Might lighter finally got filled but I don't know why I am getting spray from the top of the can where the needle comes out of. I would think the needle would be more secured in the base of the can.
    If it's out of fuel it must have a severe leak, cuz I put a ton in it Mon. night.