Home General Discussion

Something's not right...

lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
Anyone ever see a Viaje WLP Candela with a shaggy?? I got some Viajes in today and this one WLp Candela (still in cello) with a sticker that said 1st trial has a Shaggy foot. Can't find anything on it so I'm thinking someone just cut the wrapper? But why?!?!

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    lcpleel:
    Anyone ever see a Viaje WLP Candela with a shaggy?? I got some Viajes in today and this one WLp Candela (still in cello) with a sticker that said 1st trial has a Shaggy foot. Can't find anything on it so I'm thinking someone just cut the wrapper? But why?!?!
    I have yet to smoke a candela cigar.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    i thought i heard about some summerfest edition or something like that
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    I have had the Summerfest and it has a shaggy foot but that one doesnt look right. Your right it looks like the wrapper was cut. I have never heard of a Viaje Candella so I have no idea. Weird!
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    what a waste of filler tobacco
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Actually a pretty cool idea to cut the end of the wrapper like that to taste the filler/binder first on cigars that don't come like this normally.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    stowggie:
    I have had the Summerfest and it has a shaggy foot but that one doesnt look right. Your right it looks like the wrapper was cut. I have never heard of a Viaje Candella so I have no idea. Weird!
    I can tell you the Viaje Summerfest is legit but the estion was on the Candela. Who knows... Kevin It is a waste of filler IMO but it all smokes the same.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Maybe ask Andre on facebook or something?
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    y2pascoe:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

HA !!!
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    The Candela WLPs I have definitely don't have a shag foot. They were in cello too.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    joshvoigt:
    The Candela WLPs I have definitely don't have a shag foot. They were in cello too.
    I have about 15 WLP Candelas but this is the only one that has the shagg.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Somebody forgot their cup of coffee at the factory that morning, or had a rough night boozing the day before. Who knows maybe a whoops, second docs ask on facebook.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    lcpleel:
    joshvoigt:
    I have about 15 WLP Candelas but this is the only one that has the shagg.
    Very interesting. When all else fails.....Smoke It!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Shaggy foot is awesome. It really lets you see how much difference a wrapper makes to the flavor profile. I love the Summerfest and this looks like the White Label Project for St. Patrick's Day though I have heard nothing about it. All of my Viaje resources have no info on that. I hope I can find one. I know new stuff is coming out but I am on a buying freeze. just got hammered with a huge attorney bill. Might take me all year to pay it off. I still have a couple of those candella from last year but they were not shaggy. Wife loves them so I hope to see them released like that. Maybe I can at least pick up 2 so we can try it out.