Home General Discussion

Can You Smoke your Cigar at Work? If so do Ya?

JudoJudo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
Greetings All, I'm new in this forum and recently I started smoking my cigar at work. I only smoke one after lunch and it's usually a smaller non Churchill's which is what i normally smoke at home or with Friends!

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Yes and no. I can go to my car and smoke but I only get half an hour and when I walk back in I hear "ess you were smoking!"
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I could if I went somewhere. Really wouldn't want to try and relax with a smoke arounnd my work.
  • JudoJudo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Understandable!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Days when I'm not the only one on if I have time to and the weather is good for sure. Have done it a few times. Take a nice lil lunch break and fire a coronaish sized cigar up
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Thats like an Oxy Moron. Work / Cigar. Its possible for me ('cause I'm the Boss) but, it would bum out some of the other people. Plus, I couldn't really relax and enjoy it. A cigar is one of the ways I escape the Rat Race. Kind of hard to do that at work. (Unless you work here at C.Com)
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I get paid to go to school, so at school I do not smoke. At home when studying for tests and reading boring materal, I go out to the garage and have a cigar. The more studying/reading I have, the bigger the cigar I take with me. It gives me some quiet time away from the phone, wife, pets and kids (yes, in that order). I guess you can say that I 'smoke at work' in that sense. In Canada it is illegal to smoke at work, even if you drive a transport since it is your "workplace". So I guess I'm pretty lucky that I get to do some of my work at home.

• cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Some times i get to smoke while working but it is not as relaxing.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    If I'm at the FD, I sit in the bay with a door open and have a stick between calls. At my other job for a county owned EMS company, I may have a smoke as long as we have another ALS crew on duty, but as mentioned earlier, it's hard to relax and enjoy a smoke while at work...
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'm the boss. Enough said.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    NO, I drive an assigned, marked and numbered vehicle during work hours. There is one a..ho.. of a supervisor who decided that nobody should ever fire up in an assigned vehicle, so nobody does. I was just having this discussion with a buddy of mine who works at a local Jiffy Peanut Butter plant. They are instituting a 100% no smoking ban on the premisis, not even in your own vehicle on your own time if your car is parked on their property. It's a Brave New World, fellas. Our Grandfathers would have rebelled to the point that there would have been blood in the streets if they had to put up with all the controlls on their individual behaviors that we do.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    beatnic:
    Not to mention that damn smoke pad (four seasons room)you've got!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I do get to smoke at work! I usually smoke with 2 or 3 other guys. We usually smoke on the last day of the work week. Today's smoke break was a Fuente Fuente Opus X.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Shellys Back Room (An awesome DC Bar/Restaurant/Cigar place) is directly across the street from my new office in the National Press Building. Kiiiiiind of awesome.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Yup I do! But I always do it at the beginning of my watch so the wheelhouse can air out in time for my relief to come on. I really enjoy that 6am smoke.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    I can if I wanted to, but the conditions usually are'nt very good for smoking. Too hot, dirty and I'm busy working!
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Situations vary but overall I smoke whenever I want to. If I have to go into an nonsmoking environment then I cannot but normally I am not there very long.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    DSWarmack:
    beatnic:
    Not to mention that damn smoke pad (four seasons room)you've got!
    LOL You gotta spoil yourself sometimes. LOL
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I could smoke at work, but id have to hang out in a smoke shack and deal with smelling cigarette smoke while trying to enjoy a cigar, not fun!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Answer: Yes. We to have special place that we are allowed to smoke. Just depends on the weather and what the night is looking like for flights. Most of the time I chill at the truck where I can relax and be not bothered by the radio chatter or co-workers. Plug in some tunes and even have a heater for those chilly nights/mornings.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    At my previous dealership as a finance mgr I could smoke all I wanted to. The owner loved me an was like a second dad to me and I pretty much had free reign . I had a cigar smokeing buddy there and basically during the summer we would smoke sometimes 3 a day . Present situation is no one has ever told me as a sales manager that I CANT smoke a cigar at work but the occasions I have I will usually hear a few negative comments ( almost totally from the females ) That it smells like someone has smoked a cigar outside the office doors and it bothers their allergies or makes them sneeze or the think it stinks , etc etc . Actually the only effect I have noticed that is substanciated is it raises their bitchiness about 3 levels LOL . Whatever ...
    gmill880:
    At my previous dealership as a finance mgr I could smoke all I wanted to. The owner loved me an was like a second dad to me and I pretty much had free reign . I had a cigar smokeing buddy there and basically during the summer we would smoke sometimes 3 a day . Present situation is no one has ever told me as a sales manager that I CANT smoke a cigar at work but the occasions I have I will usually hear a few negative comments ( almost totally from the females ) That it smells like someone has smoked a cigar outside the office doors and it bothers their allergies or makes them sneeze or the think it stinks , etc etc . Actually the only effect I have noticed that is substanciated is it raises their bitchiness about 3 levels LOL . Whatever ...
    Those are like the ones I work around. Cigars stink, but they wear enough perfume that I get splitting migraines when they enter my office.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    When Im in the shop, I open the bay door, turn the floor fan onto blow the smoke out, and smoke as much as I want while I work.

Who's the luckiest boy on the forums?

WHO'S THE LUCKIEST BOY ON THE FORUMS???!!!??? :-)

The Sniper:
    When Im in the shop, I open the bay door, turn the floor fan onto blow the smoke out, and smoke as much as I want while I work.

Greg... His wife buys him Behikes
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Direwolf:
    The Sniper:

Greg... His wife buys him Behikes
    +1

but your story is cool too, Glen. Lol
  • JudoJudo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Smoked a La Aroma De Cuba Emmensa at work today!! Good to the last Puff!!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I try not to mix cigars with work. If I start associating cigars with work, then it would just ruin the experience.
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    Yes anytime I feel like it weather permitting. I am a golf course superintendent and there is nothing better than a cigar on my morning rounds around the courses.
    stowggie:
    Yes anytime I feel like it weather permitting. I am a golf course superintendent and there is nothing better than a cigar on my morning rounds around the courses.
    +1 for being a lucky ***