Home General Discussion

Lurker breaking into the big time...participating that is!

setilsn4setilsn4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
I have been reading posts here for some time and can say this forum has made for some great reading, as well as finding crucial cigar info.  I am new to the cigar, but an old hand to tobacco in general.  I was paralyzed at the age of 16 and began a few years later to hang out in a Smoke Shop...and well knew many cigar smokers, pipe smokers, and being the social outcast...I smoked cigarettes for 25+ yrs.  Met some great people in the process.  3 decades later I became bed ridden...been so now for about 5 1/2 yrs now and throughout have had to give up all my vices...drinking and smoking.  Until recently, hell with all that...so I began smoking a cigar on holidays, then monthly, then weekly, and now one a day.  I have been poking around with different cigars blindly, but mostly after some research.  I have not had any spicy smokes yet...as I tend to go for the coffee types mostly at the moment. However, I am sure that will change as my tastes mature.  I quite enjoy smoking cigars...haven't quite figured out if it is that so far they have been good or that I just like not being so straight laced and having something to call a vice.  Anyhow...just ordered a cooler on Amazon and my first large order on Cigar.com today.  Yep...bought a box of stogies to try, Oliveros Kopi Luwak, in addition to joining the Cigar Of The Month club to broaden my scope.  Definite noob...but looking forward to starting a collection.  Thanks for all the great forum reads!

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Welcome, there are some great people here who could recommend some great smokes
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Welcome welcome welcome.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome to the forum
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Welcome, it's a great community here!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Hello, welcome aboard.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Welcome to the forum!! Looking forward to seeing your posts!
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Hi and Welcome!

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Welcome brother, hope you keep in touch. There are many great BOTLs and a few SOTLs here.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Man, what a story! Was this an accident or are you dealing with a progressive disorder? So glad you decided to speak up, you'll find a wealth of not only information but support and friendship here!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Welcome. Glad to have you aboard. Please let me know what you think of the Kopi Luwak. I've been wanting to try those. Maybe we could work a trade.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Welcome my brother...enjoy the forum.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    setilsn4:
    I have been reading posts here for some time and can say this forum has made for some great reading, as well as finding crucial cigar info.  I am new to the cigar, but an old hand to tobacco in general.  I was paralyzed at the age of 16 and began a few years later to hang out in a Smoke Shop...and well knew many cigar smokers, pipe smokers, and being the social outcast...I smoked cigarettes for 25+ yrs.  Met some great people in the process.  3 decades later I became bed ridden...been so now for about 5 1/2 yrs now and throughout have had to give up all my vices...drinking and smoking.  Until recently, hell with all that...so I began smoking a cigar on holidays, then monthly, then weekly, and now one a day.  I have been poking around with different cigars blindly, but mostly after some research.  I have not had any spicy smokes yet...as I tend to go for the coffee types mostly at the moment. However, I am sure that will change as my tastes mature.  I quite enjoy smoking cigars...haven't quite figured out if it is that so far they have been good or that I just like not being so straight laced and having something to call a vice.  Anyhow...just ordered a cooler on Amazon and my first large order on Cigar.com today.  Yep...bought a box of stogies to try, Oliveros Kopi Luwak, in addition to joining the Cigar Of The Month club to broaden my scope.  Definite noob...but looking forward to starting a collection.  Thanks for all the great forum reads!
    Welcome.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Welcome! The more involved I get here the more I like it! Great group of people here.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Glad to have you!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum
  • setilsn4setilsn4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    I was paralyzed at 16yrs old due to car accident.  This later stuff is JOB kinda stuff...one thing after another...just like those that combat the legal system...the medical is no different...it's hard to get out of the system once you are in :P 
    jlmarta:
    Welcome. Glad to have you aboard. Please let me know what you think of the Kopi Luwak. I've been wanting to try those. Maybe we could work a trade.

Sounds good as long as there are no hazing rituals :P  Trade with the noob...sending him a cigar that has been soaked Bhut Jolokia pepper juice.

Thanks for the welcome from all of you!
    setilsn4:
    jlmarta:

Sounds good as long as there are no hazing rituals :P  Trade with the noob...sending him a cigar that has been soaked Bhut Jolokia pepper juice.

No worries, mate. That's not how we do things here. It's sometimes a bit of a chore for a newbie to establish himself as a stand-up kinda guy so in order to help a newb to get a rep, we'll start off with a trade. The new BOTL will ship his half of the trade and when it's received, his trading partner ships his half. A trade or two like this with positive results will build your creds and then you can begin to partake in other passes, bombs, etc. If you think you'd like to try a trade sometime, send me a PM when you're ready and we'll set one up.
    jlmarta:
    setilsn4:
    jlmarta:

No worries, mate. That's not how we do things here. It's sometimes a bit of a chore for a newbie to establish himself as a stand-up kinda guy so in order to help a newb to get a rep, we'll start off with a trade. The new BOTL will ship his half of the trade and when it's received, his trading partner ships his half. A trade or two like this with positive results will build your creds and then you can begin to partake in other passes, bombs, etc. If you think you'd like to try a trade sometime, send me a PM when you're ready and we'll set one up.
    I am totally down for such a thing...when my first REAL shipment comes in I will hit ya up with an inventory and pack up whatever you want to try from it. Should be here in a day or so...will PM ya then. Thanks for the info!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Wow, someone who knows about the Bhut Jolokia! I'll trade with you for some spicy sticks if you want. You must know pain before you know pleasure, lol!

And that wasn't a bad idea about soaking the cigar in the juice, that would make a fine Super Punisher! (Cuavana Intenso Punisher is just as the name says, a beatdown for your palate)
    setilsn4:
    jlmarta:
    setilsn4:
    jlmarta:

I am totally down for such a thing...when my first REAL shipment comes in I will hit ya up with an inventory and pack up whatever you want to try from it. Should be here in a day or so...will PM ya then. Thanks for the info!

Lookin' forward to hearing from ya, Bro.....
  • spindriftspindrift Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 818
    setilsn4:
    jlmarta:

Hmmmmm, why didn't I think of that????????? Welcome to the forum.....
    allsmokedup:
    Wow, someone who knows about the Bhut Jolokia! I'll trade with you for some spicy sticks if you want. You must know pain before you know pleasure, lol!

And that wasn't a bad idea about soaking the cigar in the juice, that would make a fine Super Punisher! (Cuavana Intenso Punisher is just as the name says, a beatdown for your palate)
    Man...I fear the pepper fo' sho'! I just keep getting this image of smoking a peppery stogie and having a reaction the likes of getting hit with mace. Toking away while every orifice on the face is draining! However, I will have to hit the mace eventually to see what the "pleasure" of doing so is really like :P I will hit ya up as well when my boxes arrive. I will not rest easy until I try something spicy...need to know if you folks are sadists or know a good thing...hrm...or both I reckon ;)
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    setilsn4:
    allsmokedup:

Man...I fear the pepper fo' sho'! I just keep getting this image of smoking a peppery stogie and having a reaction the likes of getting hit with mace. Toking away while every orifice on the face is draining! However, I will have to hit the mace eventually to see what the "pleasure" of doing so is really like :P I will hit ya up as well when my boxes arrive. I will not rest easy until I try something spicy...need to know if you folks are sadists or know a good thing...hrm...or both I reckon ;)

You guys wanna talk about hot stuff? If you haven't seen it yet, go to the 'non cigar related' section and look at the thread titled "This guy's got balls" and click on the video Jsaint posted there. That's a pretty hot pepper.
    That was K-razy...man I don't know how people do that, but more power to 'em. Excruciating spice pain is way out of my league. I can dig on Jalapenos, but I camp low on the Scoville Scale.