Home General Discussion

Had a blond day, shouldn't have smoked cigar

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Came home from work today and thought I'd smoke a cigar. Had not really had a good day, so thought this would make me feel better. Well, first off, when cutting the cigar, my finger somehow wound up in there. Cut my finger, but not seriously. I've cut cigars a few times before now with no issues. I should have just stopped there due to the situation not starting out so good, but I couldn't abandon a perfectly good cut cigar, now could I? NO! lol! So went outside on the steps and started to light it. I burned my hand. Please don't ask me how or you'll know how blond I really am. No...I can't tell you....I'll never tell you....NO......ok.....I had it, I had it......I had the lighter upside down!! I was in a rush ok!! Again, Never had an issue. All I know is that my hair looks blonder than usual. That's all I can say.

However, all was not lost. I smoked the Cohiba and it was a really smooth cigar. I was extremely impressed with it. It smelled and tasted just like I had always dreamed a good cigar would taste all these years. It was smooth and mild to me. Excellent taste. So I'm glad I didn't abandon it because that would have been a travesty. I worked hard for that cigar though. Please don't hold all that idiotness against me guys. I really do have a brain inside my head.....just a bad day!! LOL!! image

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Never been disappointed by a red dot. Nice choice, and way to play through the injuries! lol
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Ouch... bummer on the burning and the finger. Glad the cigar came out well though.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    That's exactly why I switched to slide lighters. I've done it more times than I care to recount.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Salem:
    Came home from work today and thought I'd smoke a cigar. Had not really had a good day, so thought this would make me feel better. Well, first off, when cutting the cigar, my finger somehow wound up in there. Cut my finger, but not seriously. I've cut cigars a few times before now with no issues. I should have just stopped there due to the situation not starting out so good, but I couldn't abandon a perfectly good cut cigar, now could I? NO! lol! So went outside on the steps and started to light it. I burned my hand. Please don't ask me how or you'll know how blond I really am. No...I can't tell you....I'll never tell you....NO......ok.....I had it, I had it......I had the lighter upside down!! I was in a rush ok!! Again, Never had an issue. All I know is that my hair looks blonder than usual. That's all I can say.

However, all was not lost. I smoked the Cohiba and it was a really smooth cigar. I was extremely impressed with it. It smelled and tasted just like I had always dreamed a good cigar would taste all these years. It was smooth and mild to me. Excellent taste. So I'm glad I didn't abandon it because that would have been a travesty. I worked hard for that cigar though. Please don't hold all that idiotness against me guys. I really do have a brain inside my head.....just a bad day!! LOL!! image
    Thats the cigar that really got me into cigars. Always have on hand. Don't worry about the other stuff. Those are things you only do once. You've got them out of the way now.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Draw an up arrow on the lighter.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    We all have our blond moments but glad you enjoyed the Cohiba, great cigars.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Marker:
    Draw an up arrow on the lighter.
    Maybe I should, lol!! It's shaped the same top and bottom, and if you don't pay attention....
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    When using the cutter I gave you: lay the cutter down on a flat surface with the blades open. Put the end of the cigar to be cut in the cutter, and close the blades with your right hand while holding the cigar upright with your left (or vice versa if you'r ea lefty). Your fingers never get close to the blade, and you'll get a great cut every time.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Salem

Hope the hand and finger get better. The Cohiba is a good stick. As for having a Blond moment I think we all have had days like that, at least I have.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    yes,

I too have burned myself with a torch lighter . . . my Jetlite, has a really slow button on it so it stays lit for a second after your take your thumb off it, well I treated it like the shortest light saber ever after using it for the first time and burned about half the fingers on the hand not holding the lighter.

so glad I didn't put it straight into my pocket . . . .

thanks for the good chuckle though salem, and its all good, we've all done stuff just like this.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Glad you was able to enjoy the cigar after such a bad start. The Red Dot is one smoke that is high on my list of "wants".
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Thats a rough smoking experience! At least it paid off to hang in there! I would have be heart breaking if you would have chosen a cigar that wasn't all that!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Lets see, what stupid sh!t can I remember doing whilst enjoying this great hobby of ours... O! There's a good one, and perhaps one I should add to the 101 Things Noobs Should Know thread - when tossing a lit cigar butt out your passenger side window while driving, MAKE SURE THE DAMNED WINDOW IS DOWN!!! Was at night, and I can tell you when you sling a cigar butt and it hits glass, it looks a lot like a firework going off! LOL

Just recently, its been very cold here... lighter is cold too, jack the flame adjustment on the lighter up to get a decent flame to spark a stick. Then we got a warm day. Then I forgot to adjust the flame back down before lighting.

Then I torched my moustache right along with my cigar. :-)

First few attempts at poking a cigar to correct a bad draw - right thru the side of the cigar.

Im know there are more, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind... dont sweat the small stuff Salem. Everybody has a "blonde moment" story regarding the hobby. The moral of your story is COHIBAS ARE GOOD! Hooray for cigars! :-)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    The Sniper:
    Lets see, what stupid sh!t can I remember doing whilst enjoying this great hobby of ours... O! There's a good one, and perhaps one I should add to the 101 Things Noobs Should Know thread - when tossing a lit cigar butt out your passenger side window while driving, MAKE SURE THE DAMNED WINDOW IS DOWN!!! Was at night, and I can tell you when you sling a cigar butt and it hits glass, it looks a lot like a firework going off! LOL

Just recently, its been very cold here... lighter is cold too, jack the flame adjustment on the lighter up to get a decent flame to spark a stick. Then we got a warm day. Then I forgot to adjust the flame back down before lighting.

First few attempts at poking a cigar to correct a bad draw - right thru the side of the cigar.

Im know there are more, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind... dont sweat the small stuff Salem. Everybody has a "blonde moment" story regarding the hobby. The moral of your story is COHIBAS ARE GOOD! Hooray for cigars! :-)

lol, you made my night. *sorry for your pain too.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    First time I used a torch lighter in bright sunlight, I wasn't sure it was lit. Stuck my finger right into that invisible flame! Then I read someone on here had done something similar, except they put it up to their ear! We all have our moments:) Cohiba was a nice choice.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Just can't beat a red dot, never had a bad one yet. Good choice for lifting your spirits.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    No worries. Gentlemen prefer blondes.
    dowjr1:
    Well, yeah, but what about guys like us?
    dowjr1:
    Well, yeah, but what about guys like us? :o
    dowjr1:
    Well, yeah, but what about guys like us? :o
    now, how'd that happen?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    The Sniper:

Thats some funny stuff Sniper , your killin me !!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Salem , just like the Peyton Manning commercial says : Rub some dirt on it , shake it off !!! Yeah we all have had our "blonde days " !