Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone smoked the Camacho Pre-Embargo before?

2»

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    good cigar, but just didn't think it was worth the price point, think there are better cigars out there for the price.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I just saw the misprinted price Alex referred to in last months catalog, 5 Pre-embargos and a 5 count herfador for $50, now that would have been nice to notice about a month ago...damn!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Krieg:
    good cigar, but just didn't think it was worth the price point, think there are better cigars out there for the price.
    This. For 25$ there are some high end Fuentes, Padrons, and ISOMs I'd much rather smoke, though I am glad I have a couple PEs in my humi, because they ARE good cigars, just not quite worth the cost to me. It does have a very interesting, and enjoyable musky, aged flavor and aroma to it that it pretty cool. I did a comprehensive review (with, admittedly, dark, crappy photos), for my blog. Link is in my signature. One of the first reviews I did for the site.
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    bigharpoon:
    I just saw the misprinted price Alex referred to in last months catalog, 5 Pre-embargos and a 5 count herfador for $50, now that would have been nice to notice about a month ago...damn!
    i picked up one of those samplers and today I just ordered another 10, the price is a little high but if you can get a deal they are amazing!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I got three from the premium herfador sampler a while back. Smoked one ROTT and kept the other two for aging. I thought it was a good cigar.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Personally i will not pay $25 for ANY cigar. Sorry. Not doing it. I just think there are too many other GREAT stogies out there for 5 or 6 dollars. I have to think to myself...one of these or 5 of the others for the same amount of money. Always comes down to the other 5 for me. I am choking on paying $9 for the Liga Priv's out there. Anyone else with me on this or is it just me?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I'm a noob and I haven't paid $25 for a cigar, but I would if it was worth it, just like anything else.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    I'm on board, dowjr1. I do have one in my humi that was gifted to me about 2 months ago. However, I seldom pay more than $3-$4 each for my smokes. I smoke very few during the winter and keep a close check for good deals and stock up. I have about 150+ on hand which should get me well into summer.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    dowjr1:
    Personally i will not pay $25 for ANY cigar. Sorry. Not doing it. I just think there are too many other GREAT stogies out there for 5 or 6 dollars. I have to think to myself...one of these or 5 of the others for the same amount of money. Always comes down to the other 5 for me. I am choking on paying $9 for the Liga Priv's out there. Anyone else with me on this or is it just me?
    See, I've gotten to a point where I don't smoke as often, but I smoke better. I would, in most cases, spend 25$ on a Padron 80yr. than on 5 cigars that aren't as good.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    dowjr1:
    I don't think too many people are paying full price for these, but still I'm with you. $25 for one cigar is ridiculous for me and my funds. I don't think badly if anyone else thinks it's fine to spend this much but for me it's not a good use of money. I'm happy with my bulk internet orders and the occasional more expensive B&M smoke but $10 or more I consider expensive.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    I've got 3 resting now. 1 i paid $25 for and the other 2 I got in the super-premium sampler a few weeks back. I'm looking forward to trying one, it might be as close to a cuban as I ever get!
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    yeah i agree 25 for a stick is expensive but if you can get them for cheaper they are a great stick.
  • suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    I ordered one before but psyched myself out becuase of the $25 price tag and didn't really enjoy it. Not bad but it didn't meet expectations.

Smooth and balanced for sure, but a bit lacking on the complex flavors site. I am a full body/maduro fan so I may not be the best critic and typically cuban style cigars aren't my go-to cigars.