Home General Discussion

What do some of your most favorite cigars taste like?

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Just checking on you guys that have developed your taste when you smoke cigars. I'm still developing my palate, but I think it's getting better. I taste a little leather, some pepper, creaminess in some, and when I smoke the kind, I taste chocolate/coffee. What flavors do you encounter with your very favorite cigars?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Ya know, with me it's kinda strange. The more cigars I try in the course of searching for "The" one, the more they all taste like.... cigars. I know my palate is developing somewhat because I can tolerate fuller-bodied smokes more than when I began but, still, they pretty much taste like cigars.

I'm getting ready to start trying some of the infused sticks that I've been turning up my nose at until now. I think maybe the Java line or something similar may be interesting. Early on in my cigar obsession there was a blend by one of Rocky Patel's companies called "Fire". It was made by Indian Tabac. I really loved that blend but after a while he discontinued it and now they can't be found anywhere. All part of life in the search for the perfect smoke, I guess.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    most of my favorite cigars recently have a creamy musk taste. another favorite is a nuttier taste. i also enjoy a subtle sweetness.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Tobacco. Most of my cigars taste like tobacco
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    chocolate and sweet cream. I also enjoy the nutty taste sometimes. just plain tobacco taste sucks.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    I like a rich creamy taste and texture to the smoke, hints of sweetness/chocolate.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    That's a difficult question to answer. I like a bit of pepper thru the nose, and I like hints of coco and coffee,
    I've had some that just coat your palate with a subtle flavor that I cant quite place ( licorice is the closest I can come up with) but it just leaves me craving more. The Torano exodus 1959 is one of these(RCY gifted me some) It's tuff to stop at one.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    for me its usually one of three profiles, depending on my mood

1. Lots of leather, a bit of spice and sweetness an a medium finish - Something like a aged Diesel UHC

2. Creamy, nutty, oaky, and musty with a looooooooong finish - I get some of those from an avo domaine or a camacho diploma after theve rested for a while.

3. I'm also an ex chewer though so sometimes I crave cigars that really emphasize the taste of rich tobacco - and for me its a DPG Blue and a Diesel unlimited.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Depends on the cigar. With the Obsidian, I picked up a lot of cedar, some leather and a hint of chocolate. The Macanudo Cru Royale I had a few weeks ago was full of pepper and spice. I've smoked, on and off, since college(20 yrs ago) and I still don't consider my palette to be "educated", but it seems that every new cigar gives me something different.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Woody ,nutty ,creamy. Or spicy, leathery. Or sweet, chocolaty
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    For me, my favorite flavors are fruit (stone fruits, cherries, raisins, apple), really oily leather, floral flavors, herbal flavors (thinking Rafael Gonzalez here), Cinnamon, Nutmeg, musk. Not a huge fan of the darker stuff, chocolate, coffee, black pepper, most of the time... but there are exceptions. It happens. Looking at this list, no wonder I am such an Opus ***...
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    I like cigars that taste of strong tobacco with A lot of spice and pepper. Leather and cedar are bonuses that keep the cigars interesting.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    jasonusa1:
    Weeeeeeeeeed
    Where do your cigar blends come from? I've had a few that taste like this but could not pinpoint the location.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Salem:
    Just checking on you guys that have developed your taste when you smoke cigars. I'm still developing my palate, but I think it's getting better. I taste a little leather, some pepper, creaminess in some, and when I smoke the kind, I taste chocolate/coffee. What flavors do you encounter with your very favorite cigars?
    I haven't smoke any cigars lately cuz of work, but I taste my favorite flavors in the SL habano, spice , pepper, little leather and cream. Found a new favorite called rp vintage 2003. Nice cigar. Only smoked 2 so far. But they are nice. Creamy, just a tad peppery.