Home General Discussion

DCCC Thread

DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
In the past I have gotten unreal support from this forum for my baby, the Dead Camel Cigar Club, and I can not tell you what it has meant to me. Honestly when I started it I had a baggie with a pillow and ended up having to use a very large cooler (2 as a matter of fact. One for the DCCC on it's own.)

That being said... I was looking for some more APO Addresses to ship to when I made the mistake of listening to two of the BORKs here. They said contact the USO.

I did, and they responded in kind. The woman I contacted directly was the director of the base (CAS in Dora Qatar) where I was when this whole thing started. She saw the difference that cigar night made for the troops and the morale lift that was capable from it. It gave the guys something to look forward to.

Her response was a list of addresses, 11 in all, all over the middle eastern section of the world. From Afghanistan to Qatar and everywhere in between. She requested anything at all to include humidors, cutters, punches, scissors, clips, and of course cigars.

I was guaranteed photos of cigar night on every post I send to. There was an awesome donation made as I was returning home for surgery as well. It was two boxes of DCCC banded cigars and a DCCC logoed humi, which I am still working with Tony to get (between my hiatus and his deployment to Korea, they are still at his house). I was not supposed to know about it until it got to me, but for shipping concerns it came to light.

That being said I am starting a new fundraising campaign for all things cigar related. Ladies and gentlemen, they do not need or want brand new things (while they're nice to have they can be lost or messed up due to the powdery sand they use as grass over there). I am asking for tour tired your weary, your items of broken spirit. As for the cigars, some of these guys have never smoked one andjust wouldn't know the difference between a Dutch Master and an LFD!

Anything you have to spare would be much appreciated. Also, to help with shipping the DCCC is accepting purchases from the zazzle store. Go to www.zazzle.com and search Dead Camel Cigar Club. Donations can also be made to deadcamelcigarclub@gmail.com via pay-pal.

Thanks in advance for the help, and in earnest for your contributions past, present and future.

rc

Comments