Home General Discussion

How long have you been collecting ammo?

oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
I can't wait till I have enough ammo to destroy a fellow ccom member. I was looking at some of the passes, and I am constantly amazed, not only by everyone's generosity, but also by everyone's selection. I've got probably 30 cigars right now inside a 140 ct humi, with a couple more on their way, so my selection looks sooooo weak compared to what I've seen on here. Which makes me wonder....

How long have you been collecting cigars?

Have you bought most of your cigars, or have bombs and crazy gifts contributed more?

How many smokes do you think you have?

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    oldsoulrevival:
    I can't wait till I have enough ammo to destroy a fellow ccom member. I was looking at some of the passes, and I am constantly amazed, not only by everyone's generosity, but also by everyone's selection. I've got probably 30 cigars right now inside a 140 ct humi, with a couple more on their way, so my selection looks sooooo weak compared to what I've seen on here. Which makes me wonder....

Have you bought most of your cigars, or have bombs and crazy gifts contributed more?

I've always bought my own. I have taken part in a couple of trades... Found out I really like bombing random people for the hell of it and mooched a couple times. Waiting in line for my turn on my first pass so excited about that.
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Ive bought most of my own as well. I go through spurts of buying 10 packs or samplers, and just stockpile when a price is really good. I have been "collecting/smoking" since mid 2009. So, definitely not as long as others have, but i have a decent stockpile of about 250-260 cigars.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    I probably have 150ish... I started buying singles, nothing more...maybe 5-10 at a time. A friend turned me on to another website so I started buying samplers there last year. Once I determined how important aging was, bought a bigger humi, and now a coolidor. I found Ccom at the end of last year and now I do my business here, but still buy singles at my B&M. I'm a year in of significant collecting. I remember last summer looking ay 50ct humi empty and freaking out....not anymore lol! I sent out 5 bombs as a noob because I ran out of room! My guess is watching the sprint sale, you could easily fill that guy quick with a couple hundred invested.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Before this last Summer when I got into it heavy, I kept maybe 100-150 in my 300 count humi. Now I have at least 420 sticks in both my humi and my new coolidor... or more... I lost count when I got like 3 boxes from cigar.com in the same day, then a trade, a bomb, and then some stuff from cbid. I got bit by the bug, and the itch is just too strong not to scratch it!
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    I have been stockpiling since July, 2011. I have around 800. Mostly bought, alot of trades/bombs and some passes. Alot of generostiy around here also helps.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    greg2648:
    I have been stockpiling since July, 2011. I have around 800. Mostly bought, alot of trades/bombs and some passes. Alot of generostiy around here also helps.
    **jaw...hits...floor**

I cannot imagine that many cigars! Taxes, Classes, and Gasses are taking all my expendable income right now.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    oldsoulrevival:
    greg2648:
    **jaw...hits...floor**

I cannot imagine that many cigars! Taxes, Classes, and Gasses are taking all my expendable income right now.
    I am just a "punk". There are a lot more guys on here with a lot more cigars than I.
    Yer a "punk".....crap that makes me "sub-dweeb"
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    oldsoulrevival:

Collecting: About 3 years now
    I've bought most of mine
    I have about 135 right now with some on the way
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Direwolf:
    which makes me a misfortunate placenta.
    oldsoulrevival:
    Direwolf:
    Dood as long as I got one to light up when I want I'm shittin in tall cotton.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I started my collecting in January of 2007 and I purchase most of my own. However I will say the brotherhood on here has added a level or two in the cooler. As for how many I have I cannot, won't, say but in the past couple of weeks I have sent out a hundred sticks or so and haven't made to much of a dent in the collection.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    bandyt09:
    I started my collecting in January of 2007 and I purchase most of my own. However I will say the brotherhood on here has added a level or two in the cooler. As for how many I have I cannot, won't, say but in the past couple of weeks I have sent out a hundred sticks or so and haven't made to much of a dent in the collection.
    Like a boss.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Been actively collecting and smoking since 2009. I have about 20 sticks in my 50ct. I don't have the funds like I used to and I my wife hates the hobby whereas she used to not mind. I try to focus on really great sticks now as I don't get the opportunity to smoke that often and when I do, I want it to be a great experience. Someday I will beef it up again. Until then, I have what I have. No worries here.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    It takes a little time if your on a cigar budget. I've been into it about 9 months. Got little over a hundred. I just keep an eye out for those great deals. But if you catch a few great deals next thing you know your looking for a bigger humi or a cooler.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Ive been in the hobby for about 4-5 years now I suppose. Really only started "collecting" a few years back when I blew the ACL in my knee and was laid up in bed for several months. Couldnt get up and around to smoke so good, but it didnt stop me from buying one bit. LOL When I was finally recovered enough to go enjoy a stick occasionally, I was BLOWN AWAY by how much difference even a few months of rest could make in a cigar.

Thats when my cigar purchasing problem got a lot worse. LOL There are times now that I will purchase a box of cigars, put a date sticker on them and not even consider smoking one til at least a year has gone by.

Most of mine have been purchased, although like others have said on this thread the generosity on these forums can put a serious crunch on the available space in your humidors in a double-quick hurry (ask Salem about that LOL).

Like someone else in this thread said, I will decline to even guesstimate how many cigars are in the collection at this point... but if I had to choose a word to describe the collection, that word would be EXCESSIVE. LOL

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Rhamlin:
    I just keep an eye out for those great deals. But if you catch a few great deals next thing you know your looking for a bigger humi or a cooler.
    Rhamlin has got the right of it. The key to building up the stockpile is to SHOP AROUND! Figure out what price you want to get your sticks at, and when you see them at that price or lower jump all over it!

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Direwolf:
    oldsoulrevival:
    Direwolf:
    Dood as long as I got one to light up when I want I'm shittin in tall cotton.
    wait, you do what in tall cotton? you know we now have this great invention call the bathroom right? haha. and what are you doing smoking around a bunch of cotton?
    I grew up so far out in the country that they had to pump sunlight in.. We knew nothing of those "modern conviences". You people and your fancy toilets .
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I guess collecting is somewhat convoluted when we are talking here.

I think of it more as holding until I can drop them on some unsuspecting brother, or catch them on fire.

Started almost two years ago and have a 54Qt cooler which is VERY full. Which is why I am starting on my wine-a-dor ASAP! I have bought quite a few, probably more than 65% of the ones I have that are in my personal collection (I'd have to guess around 300-400). But the ones I send out for the DCCC are all donations and I'd say over the last two years, since it's inception, the DCCC has sent out or sponsored HERFs or other events totaling over 3000 cigars, were donations. Again its due in no small part to the generosity of the folks here on Ccom forums. To the point when I had the DC3 shirts made I asked if we could use their logo to promote their forums! Business being what it is though they couldn't allow it... oh well, maybe when we revamp the shirts.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    The Sniper:
    Most of mine have been purchased, although like others have said on this thread the generosity on these forums can put a serious crunch on the available space in your humidors in a double-quick hurry (ask Salem about that LOL).
    You're right about that Sniper!!!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    oldsoulrevival:
    Been collecting/acquiring large amounts for about 2 and a half, maybe 3 years.
    oldsoulrevival:
    I've bought most of my cigars. I have a few really nice things that were gifted, and traded to me by some of the great folks on this forum, but I've probably purchased 95% of my stash.
    oldsoulrevival:
    I don't have an exact number, but I'm probably around 800. I'd like to have enough, so that when tobacco is outlawed in this state I will have enough to last me until I can move.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I probably have 400-500 sticks and have enjoyed cigars for 15 years. That said I really upped my cigar game about 18 months ago and started collecting and smoking a bit more. I have a 5 foot cabinet humi currently holding about 12 boxes, 8 drawers, and four assortment box shelves. I also have a smaller nightstand humi but not using it currently. I bought most of mine bc as I smoke more I get pickier about what I like. Some brothers on here have sent me some amazing sticks and they probably account for 5% of my stash.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I don't have as much when I use to try a lot of stuff. I'm now more set in what I like/buy.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Speaking of stash, it is about time for my "Thinning of the herd" beginning of the year deal where I send sticks to noobs. This spreads the wealth and is good for my humi.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Ive got about 20 sticks, and ive bought them all, but ive only had my mini coolidor since November.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Started enjoying cigars in college which was nearly 20 yrs ago. Only started collecting last year. Up until then it was one here, one there when the urge hit and I could swing a few extra bucks. As of now, my 40-CT has about 25 in it. Some where contributed by CvilleE and kingJK, but the rest are my own purchases. I'm hoping to increase those numbers with some trades with the awesome BoTL lurking around this joint.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    Krieger:
    bandyt09:
    Like a boss.
    not like a boss. he is a boss.

been collecting for 1 year this month.
    about 5 months ago i was up to 600-700 sticks. then i realized i only smoke around 20 sticks a month so i decided to trade quantity for quality. no clue how many i have now. but i have gotten rid of at least 200 sticks and only have a 50 ct for trade sticks. the cooler is my smoking humi
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    In this hobby for a few weeks now and my 20 ct is almost full. I have purchased most of the wood tips and I aquired some from ccom trades.