Home General Discussion

Cigar company tours

acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
Just wondering if any of the cigar companies give tours of their facilities and show how their product is made or if it is usually a closed door since they don't want to give up any of their secrets to cigar making. Anybody got info on this. If so could you give the names of some of the companies that give tours. Especially those in the states. Thanks. for any help.

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    My B&M owner went to the Drew Estate factory and they walked inside, but where they made the Ligas is behind a closed door.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I'd love to go on the cigar safari one day... just need the money... CCOM forum safari?
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Krieger:
    I'd love to go on the cigar safari one day... just need the money... CCOM forum safari?
    5 bucks it would be to one of AJ's factories
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    I would really like to do a CCom tour in Nicaragua. that might even be a bucket list trip.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    scarlin:
    My B&M owner went to the Drew Estate factory and they walked inside, but where they made the Ligas is behind a closed door.
    i saw the inside of that room while they were making them.

just sayin....
    scarlin:
    Krieger:
    5 bucks it would be to one of AJ's factories
    I'd be ok with that. AJ is on fire and I'd love to see how it all comes together. Plus, his factory in Estelli is in the same area as a few others.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    scarlin:
    Interesting... I know several guys who have done the Cigar Safari, or been to Drew Estate otherwise who got all kinds of access to plenty of Liga, info, blending, etc... I mean ***, the blend is practically laid out right there on the box, and Saka himself talks about the specific rolling techniques used for Liga on a regular basis. What's left to hide?
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    Is there a CAO facility in Nashville or close by? Thought I heard that somewhere but I could be wrong.
    acewoodson:
    Is there a CAO facility in Nashville or close by? Thought I heard that somewhere but I could be wrong.
    No, they are headquartered in Richmond, Va now, with the rest of General cigar... but those are just offices. Not anything to see. Other than a few places in Miami and Tampa, there isn't a lot to see as cigars go in America... have to go to Central/South America or the Caribbean.
    I thought I read Oliva is rolling in Miami now, but LGC has a factory down there, and one other that i cant recall.
    Krieger:
    I thought I read Oliva is rolling in Miami now, but LGC has a factory down there, and one other that i cant recall.
    El Rey de Los Habanos is in Miami. Like I said, Miami, and Tampa. Not much else in America.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    scarlin:

just sayin....
    Nobody likes you very much Matt... LOL Just kidding buddy! :-)

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The Sniper:
    kuzi16:
    scarlin:

just sayin....
    Nobody likes you very much Matt... LOL Just kidding buddy! :-)

its a very unremarkable room. if i can find the pic ill post it.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    The forum blend and the Cigar.com forum Nicaragua trip are both things I thought were great ideas but have been impossible to get done. that said, the house in Nicaragua is almost finished and should be ready by spring late in the growing season. I'm not sure how flexible everyone's schedules are in terms of doing things on short notice. Once that house is finished, we should be ready to rock.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Alex Svenson:
    The forum blend and the Cigar.com forum Nicaragua trip are both things I thought were great ideas but have been impossible to get done. that said, the house in Nicaragua is almost finished and should be ready by spring late in the growing season. I'm not sure how flexible everyone's schedules are in terms of doing things on short notice. Once that house is finished, we should be ready to rock.
    They are both great ideas, but great things don't happen overnight, just look at the OVALS! Hey Alex, how's that man cave of yours coming?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Alex Svenson:
    That's pretty cool.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Alex Svenson:
    I'm still on that list to go right?
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I would love to go on a trip, but I think next year is more of a reality, I think AJ's factory and the my father factory would be the two best ones to visit
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Alex Svenson:
    I can sell one of my kidneys on short notice right? If so then yeah I'm totally down for short notice lol
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    ENFIDL:
    Alex Svenson:
    I can sell one of my kidneys on short notice right? If so then yeah I'm totally down for short notice lol
    yea man.. eBay buy it now. I'm sure SOMEONE will need one.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    Alex Svenson:
    yea man.. eBay buy it now. I'm sure SOMEONE will need one.
    can i get item number?