Home General Discussion

Canadian Cigars

RandythunderRandythunder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
OK i am going to be going up to Toranto Canada this weekend.  Now i know they have cubin cigars there and i am sure they are way over priced but I was wondering what are some good ones to get?  Money doesnt matter unless the cigar is over $20 American.  I was even thinking about buying a box and brining that back but i am sure at the border I would have some problems.  I have herd of people taking off the cigar rings and not having them in the cigar box but does that really work.   

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I can't comment on how to smuggle cubans in, and I would reccomend against it in general. However, if you are going to buy a couple to smoke while you are up there, definately try the Bolivars. I had two in Iraq on the way home and loved them both.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    border may or may not be risky.... I would mail them to myself. prolly a less chance of having them confiscated.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471

the open forum is no place to discuss how to break a federal law.

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    FREEZE !!! NOBODY  MOVE !!!
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    Bolivar, H Upman, Montecristo, Ramon Allones, Por Larranaga, Cohiba, Sancho Panza, Partagas, all available, and all good. The prices aren't that bad either. No advice on smuggling. Only that you shouldn't stock up with a big purchase, because if confiscated, they are destroyed on the spot.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:

the open forum is no place to discuss how to break a federal law.

::whisp::: ::Crack::: lol.. yeah your right kuzi. You should definitely give some a try while up there..
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Well TECHNICALLY its illegal for a US citizen to purchase cuban cigars even while they are outside of the US. But if you run across Hoyo de Monterrey Edicion Limitada or a Cohiba edicion Especial, jump on them like a fat kid on a cupcake. Smuggling, again no advice here .... PM me.
    I don't know if a fat kid could jump that high maddy....
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    when I wanted to smuggling heroin inside the joint, I would place it in balloons and then swallow the balloons. Of course, you have to be willing to dig through...well, you know.
  • RandythunderRandythunder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    HAHAHA thanks guys.  I guess lets just stick to what I should smoke not how to smuggel them into the country.  Besides if they did get confinscated I would not want to be witness to the death of some fine cuban cigars.  I guess I will just have to get my fill while I am up there.  Thanks for the advise.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    It's only illegal if ya get caught...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I'm not condoning illegal acts either... but I will tell you that a young lady I know said that customs never opens her box of "tampons".
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    zoom6zoom:
    I'm not condoning illegal acts either... but I will tell you that a young lady I know said that customs never opens her box of "tampons".
    no seriously guys.
    you are discussing on an open forum how to break a federal law. there could be negative consequences not only for you, but for cigar.com as well. it is standard practice on many cigar forums to have a rule about not discussing this very thing. Use some common sense here; if not for yourself, then for cigar.com