Home General Discussion

Fiesta parade smoking snuffed

Padre1953Padre1953 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4

If this doesn't burn your butt like a 3 foot flame, I don't know what does. I HATE political correctness!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Fiesta-parade-smoking-snuffed-2636456.php

Padre

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I can understand the ban, nothing I hate more than seeing adults smoking away with kids all around them. Some people just got no sense. Burst the same time this is just another victory for the anti tobacco community.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    "You can't choose who you sit by at a parade" umm, sure ya can. Just move. I agree that smoking and blowing smoke all around kids isn't considerate or classy. Should it be outlawed? No. Leave some responsibility up to individuals. That's the "problem" with freedom; it allows a$$holes to be a$$holes. But I'd take an inconsiderate smoker over a govt that has too much say anyday.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    “We are infringing on what people perceive as a personal right.”

Perceive is a worrisome word there...
    My advice would be to wait 'til the parade's been going a while, start at the end of it and walk quickly towards the start to fast-forward. Then light up a stick at the end. :D
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Wow. No smoking at a parade? They would have to cancel Mardi Gras. LOL. You guys live in a police state.