Home General Discussion

looking to try ISO

slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
So my first cigar was an ISO (supposedly) and i can't even remember what it tasted like. i'm thinking of trying them again but i can't remember what type it was. are they really worth the trouble of finding a site that sells the real deal? what are some good sticks? i won't be able to do buy any until i get back from afg but i would like to know what i want ahead of time

Comments

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    Buy them while you're there if you can find them. Be very selective though, most of them there and IRA are fake. If you go to Doha for R&R pick some up at the USO or take a trip off post.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    whats doha? im going from va to dubai to mezir sharif
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    If you're passing through Dubai, hit up the Duty Free. Great selection of Cubans. A 3 pack of Monte Edmundo Tubos was the equivalent of $45 last month.

Just a heads-up: When I passed through MES and Phoenix, the bazaars have badly counterfeited Cubans. Don't even bother with them.

• SheehanadamSheehanadam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    There is numerous casa de Habanos licensed shops in Dubai or even any "smokers centre" has them. A lot cheaper than Canada or some places.

Sheehanadam:
    There is numerous casa de Habanos licensed shops in Dubai or even any "smokers centre" has them. A lot cheaper than Canada or some places.

True, however if he's just flying through Dubai then the most convenient is the Duty Free.
    I was there in the week before Christmas for a few days. The best prices and selection is still at the Duty Free. There's even a nice selection of Opus'.

• slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    Steve2010:
    Sheehanadam:

True, however if he's just flying through Dubai then the most convenient is the Duty Free.
    I was there in the week before Christmas for a few days. The best prices and selection is still at the Duty Free. There's even a nice selection of Opus'.

thanks guys, i will be there for around 24 hours and will be staying in a hotel but i will definately check out the duty free
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    As far as what brand to get, they are much like any other cigar, some people like some brands and some people don't. For me, I almost always enjoy Cohiba, Partagas, Rey del Mundo, San Christobal, Romeo & Julietta (but some of the tubos have construction issues). I am not a fan of Monte Cristo but lots of people like them.

If you like a stronger cigar, I'd suggest the R&Y Short Churchil or the Partagas Serie D No.4 and you can't go wrong with the Cohiba Robusto.

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Had an RyJ short churchill last night. It was very good and about an hour cigar. Burn was great on it.
    Marker:
    Had an RyJ short churchill last night. It was very good and about an hour cigar. Burn was great on it.

I'm still partial to the Monte Edmundo Tubos and the Cohiba Maduro 5's. I'll send a couple your way when I get back in June.