Home General Discussion

How much beads?

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
I know some of you may have seen this question 100 times, but I've used the search and I can't find the answer other than "2 oz of beads." etc. How much beads do you use in a 100 count humidor? I found 2 oz but I have no idea how much 2 oz is because I don't have a scale. How would you measure 2 oz? Or just how much do you use?

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    They come in 2 or 4oz jars if you are getting gel(like what Ccom sells)...beads are dry, like kitty little and are measured in 1/2lb or 1lb increments
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    They come in 2 or 4oz jars if you are getting gel(like what Ccom sells)...beads are dry, like kitty little and are measured in 1/2lb or 1lb increments
    I have half a pound of beads in mesh.
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Then you are more than good in your new humi
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Use it all?
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Use it all?
    I would, it won't hurt anything since they take in and release moisture...they should keep your humi VERY stable. I used just over 1/3lb in my Versailles when I had it(100ct)
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Use it all?
    I would, it won't hurt anything since they take in and release moisture...they should keep your humi VERY stable. I used just over 1/3lb in my Versailles when I had it(100ct)
    Thank you!! I'll use it all!
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    If your weren't a girl my perv. side would have answered this.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    I was wondering this as well if I were to go to beads at some point. Like Shaun said though just use the half pound you have because they are a two way humidification unit and it's better to have more than enough than not enough.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Salem:
    I know some of you may have seen this question 100 times, but I've used the search and I can't find the answer other than "2 oz of beads." etc. How much beads do you use in a 100 count humidor? I found 2 oz but I have no idea how much 2 oz is because I don't have a scale. How would you measure 2 oz? Or just how much do you use?
    Salem, go to this page in the Heartfelt website;

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/calculator.asp

It's a calculator set up by Heartfelt to tell you precisely how much you need for your application, although if you use more than allotted, it won't hurt anything.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    You could do some experimenting. Say half the bag fits into a 1 cup measuring cup. that would mean 4 oz is equal to one cup, 2 oz is a half cup. Or talk to the kid down the street who smells like weed. I bet he has a scale. lol
    Thewelder:
    You could do some experimenting. Say half the bag fits into a 1 cup measuring cup. that would mean 4 oz is equal to one cup, 2 oz is a half cup. Or talk to the kid down the street who smells like weed. I bet he has a scale. lol
    LOL!! I bet he does too, lol!