Home General Discussion

New Cabinet Humidor - Which Humidifier?

GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
So I bit the bullet and ordered my cabinet humidor... Now I need to get a humidification system! These are what I'm looking at:

Hydra LG
Humi-Care XG 1000
Cigar Oasis II XL

I've done some searching on this site and others, but I'm not really swayed in any direction. Is there really any difference in the Hydra and the Humi-Care? They look exactly the same.

I'm open to any other suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    personally, i have heard good things about the Oasis. however, the negative is that the reservoir is small. you can modify it to hold more but if there is any warranty then its gone the moment you do it.

frankly, i dont have a large enough humidor to have active humidification so the best i can tell you is hearsay.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Congratulations on biting the Humidor Cabinet Bullet!!! Pics up yet?
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Congratulation on your cabinet. I currently use a Moist-n-Aire in mine. Rock steady, I love it. Good luck
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Unless you're cabinet is huge, you won't need the cigar oasis II. I have one and out takes up a lot of room. Probably good with just an oasis and beads.
    bandyt09:
    Unless you're cabinet is huge, you won't need the cigar oasis II. I have one and out takes up a lot of room. Probably good with just an oasis and beads.
    Good point, Todd. Measure the sq ft of the cabinet. Mine is 16 sq feet.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    greg2648:
    bandyt09:
    Good point, Todd. Measure the sq ft of the cabinet. Mine is 16 sq feet.
    Claimed capacity is 3500. I'm not sure what it is in sq. ft. It should hopefully be here by the end of next week and then I will post actual pictures, but this is the one I got:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    greg2648:
    Congratulation on your cabinet. I currently use a Moist-n-Aire in mine. Rock steady, I love it. Good luck
    How exactly does the Moist-N-Aire work? Can you set the humidity level you want or is it just trial and error until you get it right?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Sweet! Congrats! Curious how well it holds Humidity.
    Grazuh:
    greg2648:
    How exactly does the Moist-N-Aire work? Can you set the humidity level you want or is it just trial and error until you get it right?
    It has a thermostat that is adjustable. It doesnt take long for it to stabilize after I open the door. I also put a pound of beads at the very top of the cabinet. My cabinet is 78" tall. I put 3 Xikar hydrometers in there, top, middle and bottom. They only vary 1% between them. I keep it at 68%.