Home General Discussion

Cigar's and scotch are good for a head cold.

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
Um...right?

Comments

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    If 9 out of 10 cigars smokers agree then I will say yes!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    not scotch... have to make a hot toddy when ya sick..
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Always works for me ;)
  • PreebsPreebs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Head cold, depression, exhaustion...pretty much any malady and that's been my go-to resolution.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    That's good to hear. That means I don't have to skip my poker game.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    only cheap scotch and cheap stogies when your sick. it's hard to enjoy good scotch that has an awesome nose to it when your nose doesn't work Smile [:)]
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Get a little butter in there, too. Butter cures everything.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Personally, I stop smoking when I get a cold. I could either smoke shitty cigars, and not taste anything for a week, or I could get better in 2 days, and enjoy a great cigar on my third.

In order to remove the carcinogens and nicotine from the body, your body increases its production of mucus and other infection fighting substances. While smoking a cigar might make you feel a little better in the short term, it will ultimately prolong how sick you are; this is because now your body is trying to fight more things than it would if you had stopped smoking for a couple days. On the other hand, alcohol is remove from the body via urination, sweat, etc, and so long as you are drinking water, it won't have too much of an effect on your recovery (assuming you aren't drinking to get drunk, and are just having a small dram).

Frankly, if you want to get healthier quicker, so that you can enjoy your nice cigars sooner, drink water, eat vegetables and non citrus fruits, and stay away from too many medications (they, too prolong infection). Do that, and your sick time will be cut in half, and you be back to smoking and enjoying quality stogies in no time :)