Home General Discussion

SprintSale suggestion

jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
It occurs to me, after watching the SprintSale a bit, that there should be a button you could click on to pass and move on to the next item rather than having to sit and wait until an item you have absolutely no interest in finishes.

I'd probably watch it more with that feature than I do now because it takes up too much of my time the way it is. Just MHO.

Comments

• xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Since it is in real time ( like live tv) I'm not sure that is possible. It would be like you were getting a head start on the next item. Maybe there could be a preview of the next item before it goes live? Or two sales at a time? I dunno....
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    jlmarta:
    It occurs to me, after watching the SprintSale a bit, that there should be a button you could click on to pass and move on to the next item rather than having to sit and wait until an item you have absolutely no interest in finishes.

I'd probably watch it more with that feature than I do now because it takes up too much of my time the way it is. Just MHO.
    In my opinion that would sort of defeat the whole point of CSS. I think it's necessary to have everyone bidding on the same thing at once.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Yeah, I understand and agree with what you guys are saying. There probably isn't any way to do it. But it sure is boring, sitting there waiting through 5, 10, or more auctions for items you're not interested in hoping something will finally come along that you might wish to bid on. Oh, well, C'est La Vie, eh?
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Anyone ever get the urge to just bid on something in the hopes that you don't have to keep seeing it time and time again??

Sometimes I'm like: "Maybe if I buy that damn Java & Verdadero Organic 10-pack it will go away..." ;-)

Disclaimer, I actually like the Verdadero and have never had the Java, so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on 'em....it's just that they seem to pop up every 5 minutes along with a few others on regular rotation.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    It is real time so can't cycle through them like that.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I like watching the people pop as soon as something hits the screen lol
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Direwolf:
    I like watching the people pop as soon as something hits the screen lol
    haha yea! Especially since they usually start the price higher than it's actually worth. I saw someone buy pre embargo cubans for way above what they usually charge. I laughed.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jlmarta:
    Yeah, I understand and agree with what you guys are saying. There probably isn't any way to do it. But it sure is boring, sitting there waiting through 5, 10, or more auctions for items you're not interested in hoping something will finally come along that you might wish to bid on. Oh, well, C'est La Vie, eh?
    Yeah I know what you mean Marty. I usually keep another window open and do other things like read the forums or whatever while watching the CSS. I just pop back and forth when I see the item change in the menu bar at the top of the page. It would be nice the way you suggested though.
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:
    Yeah I know what you mean Marty. I usually keep another window open and do other things like read the forums or whatever while watching the CSS. I just pop back and forth when I see the item change in the menu bar at the top of the page. It would be nice the way you suggested though.

Your idea is a good one except that I rarely ever use my PC anymore except to synch my phone to it occasionally. Keeping a second window open wouldn't work for me.

I like the concept of the SprintSale, it's just that it drags on way too slowly for me.
    jlmarta:
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:

Your idea is a good one except that I rarely ever use my PC anymore except to synch my phone to it occasionally. Keeping a second window open wouldn't work for me.

I like the concept of the SprintSale, it's just that it drags on way too slowly for me.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

What is with all you guy's and your phones for web surfing? My son has a desktop computer. He "Needed" a laptop for University, and he does 95% of his web surfing on his I-phone???? Maybe it's just me... but I like a large screen instead of a 2.5 by 2.5 inch screen and tiny little buttons to type out a message. I MUST be missing something. I can see the advantage and conveinience of having, and using a smart phone when not around my computer. I just don't get why you would choose to use it if there is a real computer with a screen bigger then a matchbox to use. I guess i'm just getting old and don't know any better LMAO.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:

What is with all you guy's and your phones for web surfing? My son has a desktop computer. He "Needed" a laptop for University, and he does 95% of his web surfing on his I-phone???? Maybe it's just me... but I like a large screen instead of a 2.5 by 2.5 inch screen and tiny little buttons to type out a message. I MUST be missing something. I can see the advantage and conveinience of having, and using a smart phone when not around my computer. I just don't get why you would choose to use it if there is a real computer with a screen bigger then a matchbox to use. I guess i'm just getting old and don't know any better LMAO.
    Makes it harder for people to see you lookin at ***
    Direwolf:
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:
    laker1963:
    jlmarta:

Makes it harder for people to see you lookin at ***
    Well...OK...I can see that. Only with the screen so small... maybe I really can't see that !! Is that a speck of dust or a ^%%$#$. Nope, you just made the best arguement for a largescreen computer monitor. LMAO
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    It sounds like they have you hooked, polar bear.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I wonder if there's a way to do it like Full Tilt Poker did with Rush Poker. I don't know if you guys play, but basically you could fold the hand and be immediately sent to the next table with a new hand. They achieved this by having rooms full of around 100 players, 10 to a table for 10 tables. People that folded just got moved to a new table and the hand was started (button assigned at random).

So the analogous situation would be if sprintsale has 300 people on at the same time, they could run 3 sales, 100 people would be seeing each sale. If you don't like it, you click "move on" to one of the other simultaneous sales. Hopefully one of the three works for you. If you log in the system could even refine itself to hone in on which of the three you're least likely to click "move on" for.
    beatnic:
    It sounds like they have you hooked, polar bear.

If you mean hooked on the SprintSale, no. I'm not that big a buyer. But if you mean hooked on my iPhone, yup. I love being able to surf regardless of where I might be. I don't need to be tied to my PC or my laptop any more.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    You have a pm Marty