Home General Discussion

Willpower....?

JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
OK, now here's the deal; I made a firm, ironwilled resolution NOT to buy cigars just because they were a great deal, but now ccom has a daily deal for 5 My Fathers & 5 MOW Ruinations at under $45. What the hell is wrong with these people? How can they do this to me?

I love both of these cigars and I love getting good cigars at great prices, but if I cave in on this one, I'll just be a tower of jelllo with 10 more very good cigars. That damn AJ is gonna put me in the poorhouse for sure.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    that's a DPG and AJ combo that I can't say no to... especially for the price! If i wasn't literally broke right now, I'd get 2 or 3 of em!

screw will power.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Oh just go ahead and DO it, lol!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have a wish list of cigars that i want.
    i made the list while not looking at sale sites. i just made it for what i really want.

if it isnt on that list, i dont buy it.

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    yeah, i want these cigars too. i promised to not buy anything until i build the coolidor. this site is making it very difficult to keep that promise. haha.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Yep, I'm in the same boat too!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    kuzi16:
    i made the list while not looking at sale sites. i just made it for what i really want.

Yes, this has helped me keep my sanity the last few years. hahaha. The hard part is when its a split 5 pack of something I really want with something ok.

Like this very same deal. Never had a my father, I'm a DPG yes man so its been on my to try list for ages just never gotten around to it, so I really want that, but the ruination is just ok for me. Its good but I don't love it. So what do you do when its a split 5 pack . . . . .
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    boydmcgowan:
    kuzi16:

Yes, this has helped me keep my sanity the last few years. hahaha. The hard part is when its a split 5 pack of something I really want with something ok.

Like this very same deal. Never had a my father, I'm a DPG yes man so its been on my to try list for ages just never gotten around to it, so I really want that, but the ruination is just ok for me. Its good but I don't love it. So what do you do when its a split 5 pack . . . . .
    +3. Lists have really helped me keep things from getting crazy. Sometimes things come up (like an email from The Beard) and I have to make a move. Other than that, a list really helps.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    If the deal is good enough I cant resist it. My humidors are full of cigars that I plan to smoke somewhere down the line. The way I see it is this, as your taste change you'll kick yourself if you didn't buy it while the price was right.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    haha, being broke is great will power. I dont look at sites much any more as I know I cant buy them. Its easier that way.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    im near broke, but sometimes the sale seems too good...and i go without eating at work a day or two for it lol
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    deejmemixx:
    haha, being broke is great will power. I dont look at sites much any more as I know I cant buy them. Its easier that way.
    Dude, that's me lately. Too many bills and no extra cash.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    kaspera79:
    deejmemixx:
    Dude, that's me lately. Too many bills and no extra cash.
    hell ya, winter always sucks
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    As soon as I seen this deal, I must have made a "holy crap" face because my wife asked..."what now?" The Ruination and the My Father are 2 of my fav smokes!!