Home General Discussion

Is it my imagination or.......

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
.......is this the greatest forum on the web? I'm not joking, I've been around the forum scene since 1999 and I've had lots of fun places, but I've never seen such camaraderie, such giving, and such good times on any forum I've ever been on like this one. I'm the only woman that I've seen that frequents here right now, and I am treated with respect and not made to feel alone. All you guys treat each other with respect as well. The forums I also frequent have not seen me around much lately. I'm sorry cat forum, allnurses, motorcycle forums, my facebook.....I'm busy somewhere else. Anyway, thanks guys for making me feel so welcome and adding something fun to my day. My hat (if I had one) is off to you!! And my glass of tea is up in the air as a toast to you!! My cigar firmly held.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Glad you're enjoying it as much as we do! Anything less than respect is not tolerated here, and we try to watch out for each other. That's what makes this group of people so awesome.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    +1 Salem its been said before and for good reason.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    you are not imagining anything

we are awesome

...damn. i just broke my arm patting myself on the back.

but seriously i would like to give a ton of credit to Ccom for creating this forum and being a part of it when they need/want to be. without them this place wouldnt be the same.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Ccom is one of the best web experiences a consumer can have. 1) Amazing selection at either competitive prices, or at ridiculously low prices 2) Incredible Customer Service - best I've ever experienced from any company in any industry 3) Strong community - if you have questions, the community has answers, and with such a wide variety of people, you are sure to get a balance of different opinions 4) Perks like the ccom monthly club, cigarsprintsale, etc. make it incredibly unique. I just just a couple weeks ago, and I am addicted
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Why, yes, we are allawesome! As a matter of fact, if we were any better we'd all be twins, and heaven knows the world isn't ready for that!!
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    New or old, experienced or newbie, serious or sarcastic, outgoing or quiet...this place has some many of each and the key is that all are welcome. The only true rules are almost unwritten: that being if you are a twit, looking for trouble stay away...if you are genuine, anything is allowed, and even expected. It self-polices, members quickly suggest behaviour changes when someone slips up & that keeps the community strong. That is certainly what this place is....a Community. I echo the thoughts of thanks to Alex, for creating this place and for being an active citizen also.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    bearb:
    New or old, experienced or newbie, serious or sarcastic, outgoing or quiet...this place has some many of each and the key is that all are welcome. The only true rules are almost unwritten: that being if you are a twit, looking for trouble stay away...if you are genuine, anything is allowed, and even expected. It self-polices, members quickly suggest behaviour changes when someone slips up & that keeps the community strong. That is certainly what this place is....a Community. I echo the thoughts of thanks to Alex, for creating this place and for being an active citizen also.
    I would agree with all this, but would add that the majority of the credit for this forum functioning so well is really all about the members.
    C.com supplies us with the place and format to reach each other, but it is the level of respect that members have for each other that make it work so well.
    We have had some down and dirty debates at times but because of the respect for others and their opinions even these heated debates have for the most part been settled or ignored, in order to bring peace back to the forums. We certainly do not always agree with each other but we do always try to be respectful of other people and their rights. In short... the place and the people who come here ROCK!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    laker1963:
    bearb:
    I would agree with all this, but would add that the majority of the credit for this forum functioning so well is really all about the members.
    C.com supplies us with the place and format to reach each other, but it is the level of respect that members have for each other that make it work so well.
    We have had some down and dirty debates at times but because of the respect for others and their opinions even these heated debates have for the most part been settled or ignored, in order to bring peace back to the forums. We certainly do not always agree with each other but we do always try to be respectful of other people and their rights. In short... the place and the people who come here ROCK!
    I always thought you stick around here Laker because of Me and Kuzi ;) In all honesty though, You're right Salem, this is the best forum on the internets. Ccom always has been and always will be my online forum home.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    people shouldnt stick around for just me...
    im just some guy.

people should stick around for the community as a unit. i have learned more from the forum here than i have learned from any other website.
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    indeed this forums is one of the best. i come from the paintball world and all the forums about paintball the biggest being pbnation alot of scammers everyone talking sh!t to each other. cant give props to other teams or person. alot of guys talking bad about the noobs when they once where noobs. but not here you guys try to destroy us noobs!!! but the only forum that trys to prevent this and helps out alot is Mike from techpb.com.......even though the forums suck i still love the sport!!!...now go play some paintball!!!!!!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    There is a cool vibe here.It's a nice thing to see a board with the friendship and comraderie that these guys have
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    So,
    Who's this "Kuzi" guy everyone's talking about? ? ? Never heard of him ;)
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    This place is awesome, you guys and gals are fantastic. I always learn something from here.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    I've made some of my best friends from this forum. Amazing group of people here.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I've made some of my best friends from this forum. Amazing group of people here.
    Yup... Big +1 to this.

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Nope. Its true. Best Forum on the web. You found us!!! ;)
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    pbchevo:
    indeed this forums is one of the best. i come from the paintball world and all the forums about paintball the biggest being pbnation alot of scammers everyone talking sh!t to each other. cant give props to other teams or person. alot of guys talking bad about the noobs when they once where noobs. but not here you guys try to destroy us noobs!!! but the only forum that trys to prevent this and helps out alot is Mike from techpb.com.......even though the forums suck i still love the sport!!!...now go play some paintball!!!!!!

i know what you mean, i come from the offroading and jeep related forums (ever heard of pirate4x4?) the level of respect here is amazing, and how willing everybody is to help one another is awesome!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Yup... Big +1 to this.

+2 on this! The BORK's I have met on here and herf and hang out with are all top notch peeps that I'm lucky to call my friends
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Yup... Big +1 to this.

+2 on this! The BORK's I have met on here and herf and hang out with are all top notch peeps that I'm lucky to call my friends
    + 3....its hard to find true friends in this world..but the borks I have met on here are friends of mine by far.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    -10 Everyone on here is an A$$............. JK lol this is a fantastic group of guys (and girls) some of the most generous and giving people ive ever met as well.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    I've realized it certainly is NOT my imagination!!!!!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Yup... Big +1 to this.

+ 3....its hard to find true friends in this world..but the borks I have met on here are friends of mine by far.
    Team NoVA!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Some day I'll get up to the NoVa herf... As for this forum, hells yea! There is a ton of knowledge to be found here, plus great brothers who are more generous than you would ever believe (actually, from what I've seen, Salem, you have definitely been a victim of the "generosity" here LOL!). It's also cool that Alex himself, who has a hand in the blending from seed to boxing, of so many of the cigars that are exclusive to CI/CCom, is so active on the forum, and interacts so heavily with the community, not only acting as a sounding board for us as the consumer, but also acts as professor, teaching us things about tobacco, and the process of making cigars, that most would never share, or both to take the time to share with us lowly peons!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Once again Salem, you are right on. I'm relatively new and much of what I've learned about cigars has been from the men and women on this blog. They know their stuff and are willing to share.

Having 30 years as a cop, I've developed a rather sick sense of humor, which just happens to fit in great with this bunch!
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    YankeeMan:
    Once again Salem, you are right on. I'm relatively new and much of what I've learned about cigars has been from the men and women on this blog. They know their stuff and are willing to share.

Having 30 years as a cop, I've developed a rather sick sense of humor, which just happens to fit in great with this bunch!
    I just wanted to thank you for helping us be safe and putting your life on the line everyday. It's a rough world we live in out there, and I, for one, appreciate what cops do.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Me too. Maybe when you retire, you can go out to Nevada and work with these guys.