Home Non Cigar Related

sometimes working for a German company has it's advantages

DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
Just found out my company is giving everyone an extra week of vacation each year. So this year I now have a month of vacation to play around with..Off course last year I eneded up not using a week and a half. Guess they are actually the winners in the deal. Damn me and my stupid scense of work responsibility

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Direwolf:
    Just found out my company is giving everyone an extra week of vacation each year. So this year I now have a month of vacation to play around with..Off course last year I eneded up not using a week and a half. Guess they are actually the winners in the deal. Damn me and my stupid scense of work responsibility
    Is all your vacation time "use or lose" each year, or can you carry some of it over? If so, its nice to be able to go to the boss and say "Sorry boss, but I GOTTA take SIX WEEKS so I dont lose it..." :-)

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Its use it or lose it..
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    man... your lucky.. I havent had a vacation or more than a day or two off per month in years. 'Murrica!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Any option to sell what you dont use back to the company? My last outfit had that, was nice to give yourself a Christmas bonus if you were too busy to take your days.

Nah can't sell back or carry over. We used to be able to buy an extra week but that stopped.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    We have a brief period this month where we can cash in unused vacation time.. but you only get 50% value for it. Still, it's better than being maxed out and not accumulating more time, in which case you're getting nothing.
    Get unlimited sick time.. I do call in "healthy" every once in awhile.