Home General Discussion

I WILL smoke a cigar tomorrow, darn it!!

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Our weather here has not been good. It's been cold and very windy and I just hate wind. Besides, it's not very helpful in smoking cigars I wouldn't think. And the fact that I sit outside on our steps to smoke one, I haven't smoked one in days. Tomorrow proves to be a better day, sunny, calm, and in the 50s, so guess what? You know it, I'm gonna smoke one! I'm really liking this smoking cigar business because I can hardly wait til the next one all the time. Anyway, trying to decide what to smoke. I have a nice Gurkha Beauty, Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary, and a Romeo y Julieta 1875 I'm thinking about. Can anyone help me out and help me decide which one? Tell me why it's so good and make it fun. lol!

Comments

• JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Close your eyes, run your fingers over them, and pick one that feels right.
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    JDH:
    Close your eyes, run your fingers over them, and pick one that feels right.
    LOL!! Good idea!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I hear ya, it's been a couple weeks for me. Nasty up here in Jersey! JDH is right, you can't go wrong with those three choices. I don't know what vitolas you have there, but maybe the best way to decide would be to pick the one you know you have time for.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Tape the 3 of them to a dart board and throw darts at them, whatever one is hit, smoke it........JK. In all seriousness, all 3 are really good smokes, however, if it was me and I was smoking in the morning hours, I would do the RyJ 1875. Otherwise, when you're ready, smoke the cigar that calls to you.
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    I'd go with the 1875 or the Perdomo but then again I'm not a Gurkha fan
    The Gurkha is a big, long cigar......but I have plenty of time......
    Salem:
    Salem, I've been thinking of a snappy comeback for that line, but lord help me if I actually post it.
    JDH:
    Salem:
    Salem, I've been thinking of a snappy comeback for that line, but lord help me if I actually post it.
    Didn't mean for it to sound the way it did....honest.....LOL!!
    Salem:
    JDH:
    Salem:
    Yea yea, that's what they all say.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    These kids...geeze. If you want a "Classic" tasting cigar, go with the Romeo y Julieta 1875. I have one that is almost twenty years old. I've had it so long now I probably will never smoke it. The ones I have enjoyed were very good. Maybe not one you feel the need to buy a box of, but one you will remember.
    kaspera79:
    These kids...geeze. If you want a "Classic" tasting cigar, go with the Romeo y Julieta 1875. I have one that is almost twenty years old. I've had it so long now I probably will never smoke it. The ones I have enjoyed were very good. Maybe not one you feel the need to buy a box of, but one you will remember.
    Sounds really good!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    If its a morning smoke I love the Gurkah Beauty ranks right up there with the Virtue(IMO) but you can't make a bad choice with those picks.
    Rhamlin:
    If its a morning smoke I love the Gurkah Beauty ranks right up there with the Virtue(IMO) but you can't make a bad choice with those picks.
    I was leaning strongly with that one.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    JDH:
    Salem:
    JDH:
    Salem:
    LMBO I just got that!
    Rhamlin:
    JDH:
    Salem:
    JDH:
    Salem:
    LMBO I just got that!
    Well, you know......mistaken play with words, lol.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I agree it's been cold down here, I'm in the Rocky Mount, Tarboro area, but my wife had to go back up to Ithaca this weekend and it was in the single digits.

We took our dogs to the dog park in Greenville and it was windy. When the wind stopped, it was OK, but damn it was cold when it was blowing hard. I've very quickly adapted to the warmer weather in NC.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    yesterday i was thinking the same thing, ill get out tomorrow and try one of my new sticks, but when i was heading outside earlier to do just that freezing rain started falling...
    I did it!! I smoked one today. See review section. It was a bit breezy and cool, but not bad.