Home General Discussion

Is poor customer service a deal breaker for you?

13»

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    stephen_hannibal:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    depends..if there is an expectation of service than I..expect it. If it is Wal-mart, I don't care when they don't want to help me and they can't find anything or just plain tell me it is out-of-stock without looking. I go there to pay 8.88 for a dozen tee-shirts- not to be treated like a king. Although in the case of dealing with items that require expertise ( someone knowing what they are doing and takes pride in it) It is very important. Electronic stores, car lots, and definitely Tobacconists, I expect good customer service and product knowledgability (might not be a word?). If I am treated poorly or feel like I am being judged when i walk in, I won't go back there unless I have to. I find that many B&Ms around Northern VA are plagued with jerks and it makes no sense to me. Only places I go is Saylor's, John B. Hayes and Leesburg Cigar and Pipe. Sorry for ranting btw lol
    +1

+2

I don't necessarily expect excellent customer service everywhere I shop, but employees being outright rude is unacceptable. If I go to a cigar shop and the employees all ignore me until I am ready to check out, I'm generally okay with that. The places that go out of their way to make me feel welcome will definitely receive more of my business, though.

On a side note, have you emailed Tim or one of the other reps about just getting the OSOKs from CCOM? With some cigars they may not receive enough inventory to list online, but emailing them directly can often result in getting a great deal on cigars you may not have known they carried.

Edit: Lol, just noticed the original post was in January.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    This is something my grandfather once told me about customer service and dealing with people.
    He once told me that people need to be treated like they amount to something. When you can master that, you can sell anything to anyone.

Nobody, Somebody and Everybody

Everybody is somebody and everybody needs somebody. If you treat somebody like a nobody, there will be a time when you need somebody and nobody will be there. But if you treat nobody like somebody, somebody will usually be there when you need them.

If you are a business, treating somebody like nobody, nobody will quickly become somebody and they will tell everybody that you treated them like a nobody. Then you will need to earn the trust of everybody, because somebody told everybody that you treated them like nobody.

So, if you learn to treat everybody like somebody, everybody will feel like they are somebody and everybody will end up happy.
    Make sense?

• CaptainSmokeCaptainSmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    The holidays are right around the corner and I am looking at different sites and seeing what is new in the market. Like I mentioned, I like to do my research first, and happen to stumble upon this thread and wants to add my two cents. One friend in particular has a love for the real odd and abstract humidor types. Has anyone stumbled on any good ones?
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Why yes, as a matter of fact. The fine folks right here at cigar.com have some great deals on humidors and stellar customer service to boot. Or, if you're looking to score an even better deal, check out the sprint sale. Generally though, we don't openly discuss deals from competitor's sites on this forum because it is rather uncouth. This website is a business after all and they're nice enough to let us have this forum. Also, welcome to the forum!