Home General Discussion

Fantastic Experience today - thanks BOTLs and Tim @ Ccom

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
I know it's been said many times before, but I was blown away by the generous info provided by some BOTLs this morning. Also I was amazed at the customer service provided by Tim Blyth aka "the beard" (as JJ called him).

So basically what happened is that I received an e-mail about a sampler offered from a competitor's site and created a post asking what you all thought of it.
Originally, when I created the post I thought that the other company was an affiliate company of Ccom since they share the same warehouse/address, but in reality they're a competitor.
Instead of crucifying me for posting info about a competitor, a few BOTLs quickly pointed out that this was a competitors site and suggested I don't post competitors info on here (which I 100% agree with and would not have posted it had I originally known that.)

Next, since I've always done my ordering online I've never had the experience to interact with an actual, live person at Ccom. But JJ, Laker, Catfish and others (sorry if I left you out since the original post was deleted) suggested I contact a rep to see if they'd do a price match. Per their suggestion I sent an e-mail to Tim aka "the beard" and had a response within 5 minutes!
He said they'd do a price match and on top of it he'd do free shipping since I placed the other order this morning and it was too late to combine the 2 into one shipment.

I asked him how I could go about placing the order and he said he had already placed it using the info he had on file.

All I can say is, WOW! I've always been impressed by Ccom when ordering in the past but this just takes it to a whole new level.
Thanks to all who replied to my original message and a big thanks to Tim "the beard" for his quick response and making the ordering process as easy as possible.

Comments

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    This is why The Beard is a legend. Congrats brother, you will never order any other way again.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Another convert. Congrats and great job Tim.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Yeah Tim don't play around.. I shoot an email and he wraps it all up for me. How can that not be awesome?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Without any reference to the all enveloping fullness of the Beard. Now, you have "Seen the LIght"
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Yep, that's the way to do it. Don't forget about Andy though. Although he has no beard of epic proportions, he too is the man.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, the beard has pulled amazing strings for me in the past. He is THE MAN.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216
    Thank you jgibv and all you guys.  I'll always be here to help you out!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    It brings a smile to your face when you see someone come into the light! But...now that you know its so easy, buying could get dangerous!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I only order from The Beard! Glad to hear you have learned The Beard's ways lol
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    jgibv:
    I know it's been said many times before, but I was blown away by the generous info provided by some BOTLs this morning. Also I was amazed at the customer service provided by Tim Blyth aka "the beard" (as JJ called him).

So basically what happened is that I received an e-mail about a sampler offered from a competitor's site and created a post asking what you all thought of it.
    Originally, when I created the post I thought that the other company was an affiliate company of Ccom since they share the same warehouse/address, but in reality they're a competitor.
    Instead of crucifying me for posting info about a competitor, a few BOTLs quickly pointed out that this was a competitors site and suggested I don't post competitors info on here (which I 100% agree with and would not have posted it had I originally known that.)

Next, since I've always done my ordering online I've never had the experience to interact with an actual, live person at Ccom. But JJ, Laker, Catfish and others (sorry if I left you out since the original post was deleted) suggested I contact a rep to see if they'd do a price match. Per their suggestion I sent an e-mail to Tim aka "the beard" and had a response within 5 minutes!
    He said they'd do a price match and on top of it he'd do free shipping since I placed the other order this morning and it was too late to combine the 2 into one shipment.

I asked him how I could go about placing the order and he said he had already placed it using the info he had on file.

All I can say is, WOW! I've always been impressed by Ccom when ordering in the past but this just takes it to a whole new level.
    Thanks to all who replied to my original message and a big thanks to Tim "the beard" for his quick response and making the ordering process as easy as possible.
    Exactly... I'll never order anywhere else again. Even if they do not stock it here, I'll ask and wait. The service is excellent in regard to any other retailer I've dealt with as of late. The problem is I am running out of room...
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    It's true... CCOM has the best service I've ever experienced. I don't know if i'll ever go back to a walk in store again.

The prices are amazing, the service is SOOOOO fast, and when there is an issue they go leaps and bounds above the call of duty to amend the situation. I never thought online shopping could feel so personal, but ccom has managed to do just that.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    i have yet to contact tim (the beard) but i will, soon, i want to get some MoW PA's