Home General Discussion

i want a herf too (wv,oh,ky area)

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    CvilleE:
    Rhamlin:
    Can you bring your own?
    Wanted to add to your question....what time will be best for this? Early Afternoon (3:00 to 5:00)? Considering the drive for some of us, an early afternoon herf would give us more time, plus allow us to make it home at a reasonable hour....just a thought.....
    That sounds like a good time spot to me. Now I'm getting excited. Hopefully my wife will be ok with it, don't really want to tell her to bad but I may have to. I'll know more in a couple days but I don't see no problem.
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    So is Saturday Feb 11 @ 3:00 PM at Jake's in Lexington good for everyone? Post and let us know if this works.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    acewoodson:
    So is Saturday Feb 11 @ 3:00 PM at Jake's in Lexington good for everyone? Post and let us know if this works.
    I was thinking the same thing (early afternoon). 3:00 is good for me. I believe he opens up at 2:00 and stays open until late evening.

You can bring your own cigar, but there's a $10.00 minimum. His humidor is usually well stocked, but a bit pricey, which is understandable. The guy has to make some money in order to keep the doors open. If you pick up a cigar hand have a drink, you'l be around $15.00. The drinks cost less than the cigars. There's a few resturants (Red Robin, Panera Bread, a pizza place, I think, a Cracker Barrel, and maybe a couple more) in Brannon Crossing, so you could pick up something to eat on your way out, or show up early and eat then.
    Sounds good, haven't heard back from my wife guess she thinks I've list my mind.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    JDH:
    acewoodson:
    I was thinking the same thing (early afternoon). 3:00 is good for me. I believe he opens up at 2:00 and stays open until late evening.

You can bring your own cigar, but there's a $10.00 minimum. His humidor is usually well stocked, but a bit pricey, which is understandable. The guy has to make some money in order to keep the doors open. If you pick up a cigar hand have a drink, you'l be around $15.00. The drinks cost less than the cigars. There's a few resturants (Red Robin, Panera Bread, a pizza place, I think, a Cracker Barrel, and maybe a couple more) in Brannon Crossing, so you could pick up something to eat on your way out, or show up early and eat then.

I suddenly feel that I may be sick on the 11th... "Sorry, boss man, not feeling too good. Think I'm gonna take the day off. Cough, hack, spit..."
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    So far so good....I plan on being there!
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    Depends on when it is. We were planning a motorcycle trip through KY area in the summer.
    Too bad it would be great to see you there. But hopefully we'll have another one in the summer.
    Im good to go for the 11th see you guys there around 3:00.
    Well crap no sooner does my wife(bless her heart) tell me she thinks it's a great idea for me to hook up with you all in Lexington, that my boss tells me they are sending me home 2 weeks early. So now I'm back to I don't know if I'll be there it all depends on how long they keep me off.
    At least I'm salary so they got to keep paying me.
    Let's etch this in stone. Saturday Feb 11 @ 3:00 PM at Jake's in Lexington. You may bring in your own smokes but there is a $10 or 2 drink minimum. You may bring in food from other restaurants. Live entertainment starts at 9:00 PM (usually an acoustic set) I spoke with Carmen from Jake's and she recommended a reservation. Give me a count on how many are definitely coming and I'll make the reservation. Also remember this won't be the last one maybe the next stop could be Cincy. I'm not opposed to visiting other cities to meet with my (Insert booming reverb vocal) BROTHERS OF THE LEAF.
    acewoodson:
    Let's etch this in stone. Saturday Feb 11 @ 3:00 PM at Jake's in Lexington. You may bring in your own smokes but there is a $10 or 2 drink minimum. You may bring in food from other restaurants. Live entertainment starts at 9:00 PM (usually an acoustic set) I spoke with Carmen from Jake's and she recommended a reservation. Give me a count on how many are definitely coming and I'll make the reservation. Also remember this won't be the last one maybe the next stop could be Cincy. I'm not opposed to visiting other cities to meet with my (Insert booming reverb vocal) BROTHERS OF THE LEAF.
    I'm in.
    JDH:
    acewoodson:
    I'm in.
    I work in Lexington, and may well be heading over there this weekend. I'd be happy to make the reservation, but we ought to give them some kind of indication how many will be there.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    I can't make this one as I work until 6:00 on Saturdays. But I will definitely make one in Cincy if you guys decide to come this way.
    Yeah this sucks. No way ill be able to make it, they got me scheduled to return to work the previous week.
    JDH:
    JDH:
    acewoodson:
    I'm in.
    I work in Lexington, and may well be heading over there this weekend. I'd be happy to make the reservation, but we ought to give them some kind of indication how many will be there.
    Hey JDH It looks like we will have 4 or so in our group. Do you still want to reserve a spot for us on the 11th? If you can't let me know and I'll get it.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Count me in with the possibility of two extras.
    Toombes:
    Count me in with the possibility of two extras.
    Looks like that makes 5 -7. Yea, I' go make the reservations this afternoon. I think they want reservations is because there's a UK basketball game on that day, but it won't start unitl 9:00 pm, so we should be gone by the time it starts.
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    Keep this on the table. A Cincinnati herf would be fun (even for us lurkers)
    You guys have fun, I'll be all bummed come the 11th. But if by chance I'm still home I'm gonna come down. I'll post here if I can make it a couple days before.
    oilburner:
    Is there a cigar bar in Newport...the Party Source? My neice bought me some cigars at Bells House of Tobacco in Cinci. I've never been there, but they might have a lounge.
    I'd love to visit different towns for each herf. Variety is the spice of life.
    JDH:
    oilburner:
    Is there a cigar bar in Newport...the Party Source? My neice bought me some cigars at Bells House of Tobacco in Cinci. I've never been there, but they might have a lounge.

Party source has a great walk in humidor and some good prices for a B&M, but no smoking area inside. There is a place called Strauss downtown that has a small smoking area, but probably not great for a meetup. Never heard of bells. Have to look it up.
    Rhamlin:
    You guys have fun, I'll be all bummed come the 11th. But if by chance I'm still home I'm gonna come down. I'll post here if I can make it a couple days before.
    Next time then!
    JDH:
    oilburner:
    Ocah zocha mentioned a place in Newport called the Beer Cellar.
    Rhamlin:
    JDH:
    oilburner:
    Ocah zocha mentioned a place in Newport called the Beer Cellar.
    Yea, I seem to remember him saying something about that too...could be a definate possibility.
    They host a herf every Tuesday that is run by the party source. The rest of the time it's a bar/restaurant. I don't know what their policy is on cigars during normal hours. Might be a good spot to check into though.
    oilburner:
    JDH:
    oilburner:
    Party source has a great walk in humidor and some good prices for a B&M, but no smoking area inside. There is a place called Strauss downtown that has a small smoking area, but probably not great for a meetup. Never heard of bells. Have to look it up.
    Right down the street from party source is the BEER CELLAR. They don't have a humidor, but it's pretty big and they have something like 150 or 200 micros on tap and they're cigar friendly. Sits right on the river. They have an event every Tuesday night that the Party Source hosts. I am definitely in if it's there, I am about 15 minutes away
    haha, didn't see the above post, oilburner, where you at???
    OchoZacho:
    oilburner:
    JDH:
    oilburner:
    Right down the street from party source is the BEER CELLAR. They don't have a humidor, but it's pretty big and they have something like 150 or 200 micros on tap and they're cigar friendly. Sits right on the river. They have an event every Tuesday night that the Party Source hosts. I am definitely in if it's there, I am about 15 minutes away
    Sounds like the perfect excuse to take a tuesday off. We'll do this one next. Too bad you can't make it down to Jakes on the 11th, but Newport isn't that far away, and I've heard the Party Source has some nice events. Looking forward to it.