Home Non Cigar Related

A lil bit of Mississippi pride.

DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
Ok , so my home state is usually at the bottom of all the best list, and at the top of all the worst. Sometimes tho we just do things right. This is something I have looked at numerous times over the last year. It involves one of our boys that didn't make it back from Afghanistan . Each time I watch this I can't help but get a lil misty eyed. If you would please take a bit and remember Jason Rogers The song is by one of my favorite singer/song writers Jason Isbel

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Wow. Couldn't watch all of the video. There's not a lot of places in this country where 'the right thing to do' wins out over 'the P.C. thing to do' anymore. Nice to see everyone stand up against those a-holes.

BTW, I haven't seen Jason Isbel since he was with DBT several years ago, but never thought they were the same after he left, although I was never a really huge fan of the band anyway.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Be sure to read the story attached to the video. It tells a lot more about pride of a community, and American people.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Being from Mississippi myself, the title brought me in. I wasn't expecting this though. Its things like this that make me proud to be from the South!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    The people I was driving with up here freaked the first time I pulled over and stopped the car, and took my hat off to let a funeral go by .