Home General Discussion

KO'ed by a stick

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
So....I got KO'ed by a stick recently, and this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar experience. Bascially...I get to a point in a stick where I surrender and go pass out on my couch! Monday it was a My Father. The first hour was pure bliss...then I literally got hit by heavy leather and could stand about 15 more minutes. I easily had another 15 to go and I was taking it slow as it was a robusto. The last time, it happened with a Padron 7000.

Comments

• slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    are you inhaling?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    slickric:
    are you inhaling?
    Even accidently?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    This has only happened to me twice. And I have been smoking cigars for quite awhile. 1st time, I made the mistake of smoking a RP Olde World Reserve maduro on an empty stomach. Smoked the whole thing and my wife noticed I was "turning green"! HA! 2nd time was when I had my first Opus X. It was a churchill and JZ and I lit it up after a nice dinner. At first I thought to myself "This Opus isn't bad.." Well, half way through I had to put it down, lol. Maybe I was just smoking it too fast...but that was years ago and haven't had a problem since.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I think I've only been that bad twice. First was RP Decade, early on. I honestly don't remember what the second one was...huh. Best thing you can do is eat, even though you're feeling green.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Ken Light:
    I think I've only been that bad twice. First was RP Decade, early on. I honestly don't remember what the second one was...huh. Best thing you can do is eat, even though you're feeling green.
    If you start to feel sick, eat a couple spoonfuls of sugar (that is if you're not diabetic). That will help immensely.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I had a Oliva V kick my ass once.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo + coffee on an empty stomach = Never again
    My face and hands turned numb and I couldn't even think straight.
    The book I was reading slipped out of my hands and I sat there dumbstruck.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Steve2010:
    Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo + coffee on an empty stomach = Never again
    My face and hands turned numb and I couldn't even think straight.
    The book I was reading slipped out of my hands and I sat there dumbstruck.

+1 Dark Corojo kicked my butt. I had to put it down.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Krieg:
    Ken Light:
    If you start to feel sick, eat a couple spoonfuls of sugar (that is if you're not diabetic). That will help immensely.
    or pop in a few high sugar hard candies if you have a hard time with a pile of pure sugar.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    catfishbluezz:
    So....I got KO'ed by a stick recently, and this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar experience. Bascially...I get to a point in a stick where I surrender and go pass out on my couch! Monday it was a My Father. The first hour was pure bliss...then I literally got hit by heavy leather and could stand about 15 more minutes. I easily had another 15 to go and I was taking it slow as it was a robusto. The last time, it happened with a Padron 7000.
    Had that happen with the same stick a while back...and it was a full stomach! Haven't had the courage to smoke another since lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I had a Padilla Dominus one evening that had my head floating in the final third and I had to abandon it. Of course, I decided to smoke it BEFORE dinner, so shame on me I guess.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i almost always eat before smoking. it just became a habit when i was in the "smoke only the fullest of the full" stage. now i just do it as part of my cigar "routine"
    its a rare day that i get put down by a cigar.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    cooch36:
    I had a Oliva V kick my ass once.
    +1....but can't remember what kind of Oliva......but it was early last summer, on a Saturday morning, empty stomach, sipping coffee..........had to lie down for a while after that one.......didn't smoke a second cigar that day either..........

• kevin1323kevin1323 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I had a Diesel UHC put me down this summer. I think I waited way too long after eating Dinner and was totally green. May have just been the time b/c I had smoked several Shortys on fairly empty stomachs on the golf course.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Amos Umwhat:
    slickric:
    are you inhaling?
    Even accidently?
    No... Ex long time smoker too, so I am very familiar with the process
    The Padron was an empty stomach mistake, and the 7000 is quite a beast I must say. The MF caught me by surprise honestly... And I'm not complaining in the least bit, but in two years it has happened twice. Monday it was after 3 hours of yard work, a huge breakfast burrito, and I was enjoying some iced tea. It's a trip when it happens...super head rush and immediate nap lol
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Have you checked make sure there arent any drugs like Mary Jane or coca cola in it? If you get my drift..LOL
    I would know lol...thats why I'm not complaining! It's my only vice left...and once I found online shopping it got worse. I'm afraid to buy a coolidor because I know I'll just fill it
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    my second diesel uhc got me light headed and yea i wanted to go to sleep, i want to say it was because i retrohale???? dont really know
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    That has happened with the MF LB and a couple others.. With me I have noticed that I tend to get a little more queezy when smoking indoors and the air circulation/ventilation isnt good.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    The Kid:
    That has happened with the MF LB and a couple others.. With me I have noticed that I tend to get a little more queezy when smoking indoors and the air circulation/ventilation isnt good.
    MF LB did me once as well, still a fine smoke though.
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    catfishbluezz:
    Amos Umwhat:
    slickric:
    are you inhaling?
    Even accidently?
    i wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, but i have met people who do every once in a while
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah dude it happens to most everyone on occassion. I can think of twice that its happened where I was sweating pretty good and it basically reminded me of the first time I chewed.

the first time I was pretty new to smoking and it was a padron fumas probably back in 2004 ish (now cancelled line) and I was watching the sopranos with my wife (GF at the time) and she looked over and started lauging at me, becuase I was all pale and sweaty. hahaha.

The second time was with a punisher this past year. haha. I'm not afraid to say that thing is too much for me. The wife and little one we're out of town and I smoked it one evening and had to come in and take a nap for a while.

Honeslty it just cracks me up when it happens becuase there are a bunch of factors that can do it so you can't really predict it. Might have been the cigar, might have been what was going on with you that day but probably a combo of the two. Its just all part of the fun.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I got the green gills from a particulares
    slickric:
    catfishbluezz:
    Amos Umwhat:
    slickric:
    are you inhaling?
    Even accidently?
    i wasn't trying to sound like a jerk, but i have met people who do every once in a while
    No offense taken brother. That's actually why I like cigars and why I think I didnt years back. I used to inhale them with no problem, but never appreciated the cigar itself. After quitting smoking and drinking...I gotta have some vice to drop money on ya know!! I've been into them for about two years now and never tempted to smoke cigs or inhale at all.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Had this happen two me twice too, once with an opus x on a totally empty stomach (but I was bound and determined to finish it, no matter how sick) and the other time was a Cain, sitting in a pool in the blazing sun with lots of beer and no food in my stomach.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I think everyone has, or will be overwhelmed by a cigar eventually. Mine were an Opus X Robusto, an Oliva V Maduro, and every single Fuentes Anejo I ever smoked. I just can't handle that one.
    boydmcgowan:
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah dude it happens to most everyone on occassion. I can think of twice that its happened where I was sweating pretty good and it basically reminded me of the first time I chewed.

the first time I was pretty new to smoking and it was a padron fumas probably back in 2004 ish (now cancelled line) and I was watching the sopranos with my wife (GF at the time) and she looked over and started lauging at me, becuase I was all pale and sweaty. hahaha.

The second time was with a punisher this past year. haha. I'm not afraid to say that thing is too much for me. The wife and little one we're out of town and I smoked it one evening and had to come in and take a nap for a while.

Honeslty it just cracks me up when it happens becuase there are a bunch of factors that can do it so you can't really predict it. Might have been the cigar, might have been what was going on with you that day but probably a combo of the two. Its just all part of the fun.
    This is exactly what I am talking about. It makes me laugh...cuase I've done so much worse in my days that a little ole cigar knocks me out. It's not sick either...it's just a super head rush and I have to lay down immediately or I'll straight up pass out. I found it funny both times like I was tapping out to the greatness of the smoke. The first time I just thought I was a b$tch, the second time it was an hour deep and that little robusto walloped my ***.